User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Fastway e2 Roundbar and it's working well for us. The Fastway e2 Trunnion looks identical to the Equalizer. Does anyone know if they're the same?
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fastway E2 hitch (1000lb bars) here also. 2004 Tundra Crew cab pulling a 21BHE. Zero sway or porpoising. 20+mph winds and passing trucks don't bother it. $425 installed at my RV dealer.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many factors that go into low stress, minimal sway, safe towing. Everyone has an opinion but you need to compare like situation to like situations before you accept those opinions. First, as you noted you have a truck that, by its specs, is capable of towing the weight of the trailer. Second, does the truck have the specs to support the payload of the loaded truck and the tongue weight of a loaded trailer. The airbags may help bring you back to level after connecting the trailer, but do not increase payload. Not familiar with your truck model so you will need to verify. Are you a flatland RV guy or do you like to go up and down mountains. That Toyota may have the power to pull you up a mountain, but will need to be very cautious when that trailer is pushing you down a mountain. Lastly, what is the weight and wheel base of your truck compared to the length of trailer you are towing. That is the part that concerns me. In my experience if you are towing anything over 24 feet with a half ton pickup sway is going to be something that will need to be gotten under control. Given your situation, and my similar experiences, none of the friction type of sway control hitches are going to make you happy. I am not familiar with the Recurve R6, though I believe it is a friction type. The Equal-i-zer hitch is probably to most popular and affordable hitch in this class. Though that brand of hitch works in some situations, don't think it will in yours. I would give serious consideration to a Hensley style of hitch. ProPride offers a modified version of this hitch, and believe that another responder made mention of this hitch. If you are not familiar of the "Hensley" design, look it up for yourself. The hitch does not come cheap, but given your situation, will give excellent sway control, particularly in the wind or encountering trucks on the highway.

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am switching from the Equalizer to a Blue Ox. So far the equalizer does not do a very good job in controlling sway, as it requires constant attention all going down the straight flat highway. Going to Colorado in two days so I will report back when I return on the performance of the blue ox. With a blue ox your concern for propane tank should not be an issue as it settles on the trailer frame, saddle style, compared to the equalizer which has the L brackets sticking up in the way.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a difference between sway and normal motion from side winds and some slight motion from a passing semi. I use an equalizer hitch and have zero sway. Sway is the uncontrolled oscillation that without intervention would eventually result in the loss of control. I just towed in 35-40 mph winds this past weekend and while I occasionally felt a gust of wind, there were never any issues with a lack of control. It can take time to get a hitch properly adjusted but once its done, the drive experience will be good.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We tow our 2670MK with a 2019 Tundra SR5 Crewmax with the tow package. Keep in mind Toyota is the only manufacture (at least that I am aware of) that uses the J2807 standards for rating the towing capacity of their trucks. See https://pressroom.toyota.com/release...w+standard.htm. This will give you a lot of information. We currently use an Equalizer WD hitch but I am not really happy with it. I have gone through multiple set up configurations with it but will probably switch to a Propride P3 just for the comfort. I also plan on upgrading my brake system soon due to pulling through the mountains here in Colorado.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cforman61 View Post
    We tow our 2670MK with a 2019 Tundra SR5 Crewmax with the tow package. Keep in mind Toyota is the only manufacture (at least that I am aware of) that uses the J2807 standards for rating the towing capacity of their trucks. See https://pressroom.toyota.com/release...w+standard.htm. This will give you a lot of information. We currently use an Equalizer WD hitch but I am not really happy with it. I have gone through multiple set up configurations with it but will probably switch to a Propride P3 just for the comfort. I also plan on upgrading my brake system soon due to pulling through the mountains here in Colorado.
    I'm pretty sure GM and Ford follow J2807 as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tow a Transcend 26 RLS and we are using a Hensley Arrow hitch. The hitch is a tad expensive, but we don't get any sway at all.... none!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cforman61 View Post
    All major manufacturers use the J2807.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Tundra 2010 with the 5.7. Truck pulls well and I have a 2018 Imagine 2670MK. Love my Imagine and it is heavy. I also have air lift airbags. I use the Equ. e2 sway bars 1200. There is a great youtube showing you how to install them correctly and that is very important. For a long time I was the only one that complained about these bars so I knew it had to be me. One plus for the e2 is range of where to hook the bars on the trailer. I am thinking of going to the real equalizer but not sure yet. e2 is cheaper and does the same thing. Main point is it has to be installed correctly where you get the full use of the friction. I also believe the e2 system only has bars up to 1200 where the equalizer 4point has 1400. That is why I am thinking of going to the 4 point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast