User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What anti sway distribution hitch

I just purchased the 2020 transcend 265Bh I am trying to figure out what anti sway system to purchase. I was thinking about the eaz-lift recurve R6

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new trailer! We use the Blu Ox Sway Pro. They have different size bars depending on what your tongue weight is. Very easy to use and works great. Sorry, have no experience with the Recurve.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dry weight is 6200
    Gvwr is 7500
    Hitch is 740
    I will be getting a 1200 or 1500 system I am just trying to figure out what system due to the location of the propane tanks on the new trancend xplor 265bh model. The dealership is pushing the recurve but my salesman suggested to do it on my own and get a better system.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the Equalizer 4 point system when we had our last TT and it worked great. Congratulations on the new RV!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue I am foreseeing is the propane tanks are mounted between 21 1/2 - 31 1/2 inches from the center of the ball most of the bar hitch are to be mounted between 28-30 inch from center of the ball

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used the equalizer for several years. It is a quality hitch with distribution and sway control all in one. Keep in mind with the exception of the Hensley arrow and propride p3 (I think) all other sway control is working on friction of some sort. When it is raining or environmental conditions reduce the friction in the system it will be less effective. A word of caution all the sway control in the world isn't worth a crap if your TV isn't right for your rig. What are you planning to pull it with?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Toyota tundra 5.7 tow capacity is 10,500. I also put the air lift system in it 6 months ago. So TV is more than sufficient.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know many of the stats on your TV you could be just fine but I would make sure that your good on payload also. Typically a 1/2 ton truck runs out of payload capacity far before ever getting close to max tow.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blue Ox for me. I tow a 38ft Reflection, no sway and easy to set up. It doesn't use friction for sway control. Had an Equalizer on my previous trailer and was quite happy with it also.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a Tundra and I have been using the Reese Straightline hitch and very happy with that also. Pull a trailer very similar and weight and size with the Tundra before and towing much heavier now. The Tundra is a very stable TV.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast