Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    What did the adjuster have to say?
    They are supposed to call me today. I have fans and air movers running in the storage areas and the garage to try to dry out as much as possible to prevent mold growth. There is visible water damage to the bottom of the wooden cabinets and I think the wall to the bathroom is buckling a bit, but cosmetically the rv doesn't look bad. I wish I would have thought to take pictures of all the water, but it didn't cross my mind in my moment of panic. I'm worried that the adjuster will see that everything looks ok superficially and won't take into consideration where all the water could have gone that we can't see. I've previously had a good experience with Progressive when my husband damaged one of our awnings, so I hope they will be just as helpful in this situation.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnatho View Post
    They are supposed to call me today. I have fans and air movers running in the storage areas and the garage to try to dry out as much as possible to prevent mold growth. There is visible water damage to the bottom of the wooden cabinets and I think the wall to the bathroom is buckling a bit, but cosmetically the rv doesn't look bad. I wish I would have thought to take pictures of all the water, but it didn't cross my mind in my moment of panic. I'm worried that the adjuster will see that everything looks ok superficially and won't take into consideration where all the water could have gone that we can't see. I've previously had a good experience with Progressive when my husband damaged one of our awnings, so I hope they will be just as helpful in this situation.
    Yeah, I wonder if in the interest of getting it totaled (sad but the best option long term with that much black water) if you would be better not trying to dry it out and move out of it into a hotel until they get it totaled out and you buy a new rig.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the places that you can see or get to that will be the problem later, down the road. It's the areas that you can't see/get to that will become of the problems. The back sides of the paneling.....the spaces between paneling on both sides of the wall that will grow the mold first. But the mold is aside from all the hazards and risks that black water is. There is no way for the insurance company, any water damage remediation company, etc. to get to everything to clean or replace every piece that the black water came in contact with. If the insurance company tries to settle with you now, they know that you'll be able to come back on them when mold does start showing up every where. I doubt if they'll try to settle.....they'll want to total it to minimize their risk for down the road issues. However, if they do try to settle with you, I'd get an attorney involved that specializes in defending customers against insurance companies (you can google that to find attorneys that specialize in this).

I am very interested in finding out what they say on this as I have Progressive also. Are you insured for full timing?
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    It's not the places that you can see or get to that will be the problem later, down the road. It's the areas that you can't see/get to that will become of the problems. The back sides of the paneling.....the spaces between paneling on both sides of the wall that will grow the mold first. But the mold is aside from all the hazards and risks that black water is. There is no way for the insurance company, any water damage remediation company, etc. to get to everything to clean or replace every piece that the black water came in contact with. If the insurance company tries to settle with you now, they know that you'll be able to come back on them when mold does start showing up every where. I doubt if they'll try to settle.....they'll want to total it to minimize their risk for down the road issues. However, if they do try to settle with you, I'd get an attorney involved that specializes in defending customers against insurance companies (you can google that to find attorneys that specialize in this).

I am very interested in finding out what they say on this as I have Progressive also. Are you insured for full timing?
    I don’t have the specific full full time coverage. I believe it just covers liability of injuries and accidents around the trailer. But I do have the replacement value/purchase price policy. This gives me a little comfort if they do decide to total it. I can’t thank you enough for all of your useful education and information. Without you, I wouldn’t have thought about some of the items you mentioned that I will need to discuss with the adjuster.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t have the specific full full time coverage. I believe it just covers liability of injuries and accidents around the trailer. But I do have the replacement value/purchase price policy. This gives me a little comfort if they do decide to total it. I can’t thank you enough for all of your useful education and information. Without you, I wouldn’t have thought about some of the items you mentioned that I will need to discuss with the adjuster.
    You are probably correct, depending on the state that you're insured in. Progressive (or any insurance company) does not insure the same in every state. I do know that they will insure in South Dakota for full timers but not in some other states. We are insured for purchase price (that includes tax and license) for the first two years. We had to produce a copy of our bill of sale to get that coverage. I'm not sure how it will go when it comes time for renewal later this year. May be time to go back to Rapid City (Box Elder) to talk to the insurance agent at Americas Mailbox.

On that note.....I'm surprised that they don't have a Grand Design Rally or Campout of what ever, in the Rapid City area. We saw many, many Grand Design products in the area last summer.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Chiefblueman;238050]

You don't have to buy it and I respect your opinion. Just wanted you to know I wasn't making a flip analysis. I do see evidence of how this could have occurred.

Hey Kim ....
    Guess I gotta eat crow at this point.
    You make a valid point.
    That You Tube video does show how a vent pipe that was cut too short would leak into the roof cavity, especially without perimeter sealant.

I would advise the OP to remove cap and photo that vent to see if that was actually the case. If GD cut that vent pipe too short there's a potential liability on their part.
    If they vent pipe was the correct length, it may very well be that the waste water would've flowed over the roof and not into it !!
    There may have been a backup of the commode, or the water pressure might have prevented the seal from leaking into trailer somewhat and the path of least resistance would take the wastewater up onto the roof.

What a nightmare !!!

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=mikgala;238188]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    What a nightmare !!!
    The understatement of the year! 😢 I’m just so ready to know what’s going to happen.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Rnatho;238189]
    Quote Originally Posted by mikgala View Post

The understatement of the year!  I’m just so ready to know what’s going to happen.
    Here's what I'll throw in. It will be ok. Progressive is not a fly by night insurance company and they will be well aware of both the inherent problems with mold and the costs to remediate it. The issues, if any, will be about the total value of the loss.

Make sure that you list any of the personal possessions that were lost or damaged as well. Clothing, bedding, linens, camping mats and chairs, etc. Anything that is not a bolted on part of the trailer. These are typically covered as a separate bucket by insurance companies and should be negotiated differently from the value of the trailer itself.

There will be limits to the amount of money they will spend on keeping you in a hotel. Find out what those limits are as part of the initial question answer period with the agent/adjuster.

Most of all, remember that this too shall pass. It is only sticks and plastic and stuff and can be replaced. You will make more and better memories soon.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=mikgala;238188]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post

You don't have to buy it and I respect your opinion. Just wanted you to know I wasn't making a flip analysis. I do see evidence of how this could have occurred.

Hey Kim ....
    Guess I gotta eat crow at this point.
    You make a valid point.
    That You Tube video does show how a vent pipe that was cut too short would leak into the roof cavity, especially without perimeter sealant.

I would advise the OP to remove cap and photo that vent to see if that was actually the case. If GD cut that vent pipe too short there's a potential liability on their part.
    If they vent pipe was the correct length, it may very well be that the waste water would've flowed over the roof and not into it !!
    There may have been a backup of the commode, or the water pressure might have prevented the seal from leaking into trailer somewhat and the path of least resistance would take the wastewater up onto the roof.

What a nightmare !!!

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    No crow eating necessary Michael! Civil disagreement fosters discussion and thought among open minded individuals. Something I really like about this site and the folks that frequent it.

To the OP, fingers crossed that your adjuster is a good one and knows what a serious issue this is. I've had some heartbreaks with my rig but this one takes the cake. Hope all goes well for you. Please keep us posted on the progress of your situation.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flo will take care of you!
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast