User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Talk about Irony - I just heard a commercial on Fox News at about 11:30am on SiriusXM from Progressive about - of all things - The black water and grey water backing up through the vent pipe on a RV causing damage. The end line was that Progressive has you covered (not a quote here, but something along those lines). Actually I don't know if this was Irony or cause and effect from a reported incident....
    So ironic! I’m going to have to google to find it!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First bit of some sort of progress. Adjuster has scheduled Servpro to come out NEXT TUESDAY to address the water in the underbelly. This thing is a ticking time ball. I went in this morning to try to get out as many of our clothes and important items as possible and began feeling sick. Sore throat, coughing, itchy/red eyes... I’m not going back in there.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikgala View Post
    Considering that the adjuster is looking for repairs "out of the gate", it may behoove the OP to hire an independent damage claims adjuster.
    I would keep his/her analysis private, until the insurance company has a chance to determine what they will do.

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Do you happen to have any recommendations on where to find a reliable independent adjuster?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering that the adjuster is looking for repairs "out of the gate", it may behoove the OP to hire an independent damage claims adjuster.
    I would keep his/her analysis private, until the insurance company has a chance to determine what they will do.

Michael

Also, what would be the benefit of having an independent adjuster?

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=mikgala;238379]
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    There is a form called a Proof of Loss statement. Upon signing, the insurance company must settle the claim or take it to court or arbitration within 30 days. The insurance companies normally hand it to you along with all the other paperwork at the end of the transaction.

Ask to sign the Proof of Loss now. They will hem and haw and say that is not how they normally do it.

Hi JC....
    This is not my area of any expertise but
    how can it be possible for the OP to sign anything without adequate legal advice, AND a professional assessment of the actual damages ???

This is especially relevant now as it appears the vent pipe may have indeed been cut too short to clear roofing material or the mounting escutcheon.
    IF that is considered a manufacturer's defect, then it opens another whole can of worms.....UGH !!!
    Hey, I.think its GREAT that so many of us are offering perspectives and support.

Michael

Oh......the other JC.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnatho View Post
    Also, what would be the benefit of having an independent adjuster?
    An independent adjuster will give you an unbiased opinion.
    He works for YOU....while the company "adjuster" works for Progressive.
    You cannot trust anyone, especially when it comes to $$$$
    I'm a realist..but this is only my opinion.
    Wishing you s good outcome !!

Michael

Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael

Agree with this. The OP needs someone looking out for her interests and insurance companies are focused on looking out for themselves. I would look for someone with experience with RV's. Also, I wonder how objective ServPro will be. If their instruction is to deal with the underbelly only, they may think they can adequately dry that out.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael

Fully agree with this.

I had to deal with Progressive on a damage claim against my boat last year. They were very nice, but in the end we nearly had to “go to the mattresses” as they said in The Godfather. They are looking out for their own best interests - not yours.

It is EXTREMELY important that you get your professionals lined up against their professionals. This will quickly turn into an ugly divorce and they will run over you if you don’t have your own guns loaded.

ServicePro is not going to be able to do anything. Get your own adjustor lined up right from the start NOW. It will let Progressive know that you’re not going to taken advantage of.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cleaning the underbelly is the least of your problems. I had the underbelly of my 375RES all opened up to relocate a control panel, other than the fiberglass insulation, most everything could be power washed. Problem is they will be unable to get into all the nooks and crannies around the holding tanks, there are cut outs in the sub-floor for plumbing, electrical and heating with the same challenges with nooks and crannies. Anyone can power wash the axles, tires, and frame but the problem remains in all the difficult to reach areas of the coach, especially within the ceilings and walls.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a public adjuster? Or any idea on where to find one. I tried googling, but didn’t find much.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast