User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnatho View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a public adjuster? Or any idea on where to find one. I tried googling, but didn’t find much.
    What's your current location? I know of several around here, but that won't help you there.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently in the Wheeling, WV area.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know nothing about these folks nor can I endorse, but did find the following doing a quick search:
    1. Irvine and Associates, Inc.
    496 National Road
    Wheeling, West Virginia 26003
    Telephone: 304-232-5800 24 Hour Service
    Fax: 304-232-5888
    Toll Free: 800-633-5123

2. Littleton Claims
    28 Kansas St., Ste 2D
    Frankfort, IL 60423
    ph: 815.464.8806

If neither can help you, the may be able to point you in the right direction.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It needs to be totaled. Especially with the fact that a lot of these units have spray foam insulation which can hold water for an extended period of time. As JCZhome will tell you mold hyphae may become dormant but will reactivate when the humidity gets high enough in the future. Mold will grow on any carbon based product when you have a moisture content of 25% or greater. Not hard to reach in many areas of the country. The only true way to do proper mold remediation in this type of situation would be to gut the entire rig. If the adjuster doesn't immediately total the rig and starts walking through it with a moisture meter tell him you want him to use a thermal imaging camera on the ceilings and walls. Just remember you will need a minimum 18 degree temperature difference (Delta T) between the inside of the unit and the exterior of the unit to get good reading. The time of the day will also make a difference with the camera but a properly trained thermographer will know what to do. Sorry for dragging on I just hate to see you get screwed over by the insurance company.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cforman61 View Post
    If the adjuster doesn't immediately total the rig and starts walking through it with a moisture meter tell him you want him to use a thermal imaging camera on the ceilings and walls. Just remember you will need a minimum 18 degree temperature difference (Delta T) between the inside of the unit and the exterior of the unit to get good reading. The time of the day will also make a difference with the camera but a properly trained thermographer will know what to do.
    Just to add a little more info from a certified thermographer- Never heard of needing an 18 degree difference. The time of day relates to temperature, the colder temperatures make it a bit more difficult but experience rules in that case. If it were extremely cold the heat can be turned on. The main thing is to create a temperature difference between the material and interior. As the interior warms the wet materials temperature will "lag". If it's a warm day that is all that is needed because anything wet will emit less infrared energy. Of course different scenarios, like looking at a flat roof with foam underneath, require different procedures. Infrared cameras (have a $5000 Fluke myself) are very sensitive and wet areas will be very apparent. Sorry for the off topic info but it may be useful to understand infrared.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Servpro came out today to evaluate their scope of work. They found moisture in one spot in the ceiling using a moisture meter. They are going to remove the underbelly and insulation, as well as the ceiling panel on Wednesday. We found a Grand Design dealer in North Canton, OH (General RV) that can take it in on Thursday. I guess they will be giving the insurance company an estimate on repair. Water is dripping down to the tank outlet pipes. I'm not sure if it's water coming from the underbelly or if the blank tank cracked under the pressure. I'm interested to see what the scope of work looks like from the dealer.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate you keeping us all updated on your situation. Certainly by now mold is prevalent in the rig. When they pull the ceiling panel, be ready to snap some pictures.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnatho View Post
    Servpro came out today to evaluate their scope of work. They found moisture in one spot in the ceiling using a moisture meter. They are going to remove the underbelly and insulation, as well as the ceiling panel on Wednesday. We found a Grand Design dealer in North Canton, OH (General RV) that can take it in on Thursday. I guess they will be giving the insurance company an estimate on repair. Water is dripping down to the tank outlet pipes. I'm not sure if it's water coming from the underbelly or if the blank tank cracked under the pressure. I'm interested to see what the scope of work looks like from the dealer.
    Mention to Servpro that it was black water.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your trouble! Let it be a lesson to someone else, and I'm sure they will make you whole on the claim. My 317 was bought as salvage and I rebuilt it (story in mods and diy section) I have worked on every component of my reflection including the vent pipe and can assure you that it was cut shorter than the roof and with a loose fit, just as mine was. Water surface tension sent most of your water down along the outside of the vent pipe into the basement and underbelly. Some undoubtedly was soaked up by the batt insulation and spread along the ceiling.
    As far as dropping the ceiling, it will have to be cut around the perimeter as its pinched between the rafters and walls when they install the roof as a finished singular component.

I'm not too far from you and have been to General in Canton. I know of one gentleman who drives out there specifically for thier service.

I'll look for your rig on the salvage auctions!
    Should be an easy fix, and the amount of water you ran through there definitely diluted the pollution if you decide to buy back and make a project out of it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Andrew in the Burgh
    2015 Reflection 317RST...Auction Rebuild

See Thread Here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...795#post145795

2016 F350 CCLB DRW 6.7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)