User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe Alex is hoping to keep communication consistent by having a single FB page dedicated to the rally. I very much empathize after my experience last year trying to keep 3 FB pages, GDRV4LIFE and this forum consistent. Then, of course, you get everyone else's favorite form of communication - email, instant messenger on FB, notifications here, posts everywhere... Folks who are on FB will certainly spread the word to this forum and others. Just do the Eventbrite thing, show up and have a great time! I'll see you there.
    Keith Regli
    2016 Momentum 388m
    2015 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quartzsite January 2020?

I would like to mention that you can camp “near” the Quartzite rally for free since it is on BLM land.

We were already camping nearby a month before the rally started last year, plus we’re vegetarians so we weren’t interested in the food, so we didn’t buy a ticket.
    We just walked around talking to folks we knew from FB or the owners forum.

If you look at the aerial photos you can see there’s room for literally thousands and thousands of RV’s not just the 200 or so that show up for the rally.

We will be there again this year, from October or November through March or April, because it’s an awesome place to dry camp for the Winter and it costs us $180 for the pass, the whole time we’re there, not per month!

I posted pretty much this same information on the GD FB page but was immediately reprimanded by Sadie Bear and Paul Hodgkinson for speaking without authority about the rally.

Then Paul informed me that the location has changed and that only the paid participants would be notified of the new location.
    He also said I would be “prevented from entering” the upcoming rally.

SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 07-04-2019 at 04:54 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I would like to mention that you can camp “near” the Quartzite rally for free since it is on BLM land.

We were already camping nearby a month before the rally started last year, plus we’re vegetarians so we weren’t interested in the food, so we didn’t buy a ticket.

If you look at the aerial photos you can see there’s room for literally thousands and thousands of RV’s not just the 200 or so that show up for the rally.

We will be there from October or November through March or April because it’s an awesome place to dry camp for the Winter and it costs us $180 for the pass, the whole time we’re there, not per month!

I posted pretty much this same information on the GD FB page but was immediately reprimanded by Sadie Bear and Paul Hodgkinson for speaking without authority about the rally.

Then Paul informed me that the location has changed and that only the paid participants would be notified of the new location.

SMH

"Paul" Hodgkinson? I think it's Alex Hodgkinson.

I think it's sad that no one in "authority" (in regards to this rally) seems interested enough in us over here (who aren't on facebook, or any other GD site) to keep us in the loop.

I'm registered. I hope someone tells me where I'm supposed to go for the rally.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quartzsite January 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    "Paul" Hodgkinson? I think it's Alex Hodgkinson.

I think it's sad that no one in "authority" (in regards to this rally) seems interested enough in us over here (who aren't on facebook, or any other GD site) to keep us in the loop.

I'm registered. I hope someone tells me where I'm supposed to go for the rally.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2757.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	21157

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post

We will be there again this year, from October or November through March or April, because it’s an awesome place to dry camp for the Winter and it costs us $180 for the pass, the whole time we’re there, not per month!

SMH
    I've never heard of anybody being black balled from a rally.....what did you do to deserve that?
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quartzsite January 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    I've never heard of anybody being black balled from a rally.....what did you do to deserve that?
    I copied and pasted the post. You tell me.

It’s not private property so they can’t prevent me from driving or walking anywhere I want.

I’ll be there.
    Unless I’m not able to find 200 Grand Design trailers parked together in the middle of the desert.

LOL

Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 07-04-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything is about making money!!!!

Some seem to forget that BLM lands is for everyone. I spent 20 years serving our country and would take it personal if someone told me I was not authorized to go some place on BLM land. Even if you schedule a get together on public land you cannot reserve any of the land for private or commercial use.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. You can go anywhere and stay anywhere you'd like on BLM land. No rules other than common courtesy. So if you are the kind of person who barges into another person's party without an invitation just because you can, so be it. I'm not.

As for the rally being a commercial venture of some kind the $50 per rig fee is spent on prizes and marquee tent rentals and other services and any left over money has been donated to charity.
    Last edited by JColeman; 07-05-2019 at 04:22 PM.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Yup. You can go anywhere and stay anywhere you'd like on BLM land. No rules other than common courtesy. So if you are the kind of person who barges into another person's party without an invitation just because you can, so be it. I'm not.

As for the rally being a commercial venture of some kind the $50 per rig fee is spent on prizes and marquee tent rentals and other services and any left over money has been donated to charity.
    Thank you. I fear this place is becoming another FB.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Thank you. I fear this place is becoming another FB.
    It's actually worse than FB.
    On FB, I can go back and edit one of my posts a few hours, a few days or weeks later.
    I can even delete one of my FB posts if I decide it's just too controversial, or if someone has successfully changed my point of view on a topic.
    Not here. The post I made yesterday (above) is no longer available to me for editing. I can't even delete it, and it's "my" post.
    Since the new owners took over we are no longer able to edit or delete our own posts because our posts are "their property".

Quote Originally Posted by JColeman
    I have no plans on barging in on anyone's party.

I was there last year and didn't attend the "events" or the meals. I was actually camped nearby for a month before any of you even got there. I will be there again this year and every year, long before the rally starts and long after it's gone.
    I just come by and talk to a handful of folks I know from this forum and from FB.

My point was other people can do the same, if they choose to.
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 07-06-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast