User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Loaded 385TH
    The 350M M-Class has a 11’ garage As for time line I would think soon and MSRP not sure yet. They are introducing the 350M (11’ garage version) to the dealers this week. I'm waiting for the 388M I have been looking for months and I keep coming back to Grand Design's Momentum Series Toy Haulers. I can not find any thing in it's class of Toy Haulers. We sold our 2003 Monaco Dynasty and now own a 2013 43' Road Warrior 400RW that I picked up on a trade Brand New never used for $30k

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NICE!!! I look forward to seeing the new designs.
    Zachary, LA
    2015 F350 4x4 with air bags
    B&W Companion with turnover ball
    2012 F250 4x4 with air bags
    B&W Companion with turnover ball
    2015 toyhauler, other brand :-(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having seen the 350M and it does not allow refer access when closed.
    KZ and Terry Kleinheitz, Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Meka and Prissy (Social butterflies in Dachshound bodies)
    2015 379FL Solitude
    2014 Ram 3500, Crew Cab, Laramie, Cummins, Auto, 4X4, Long Bed, DRW, Andersen Hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loaded 385TH View Post
    Here are some pictures of the new 350M M-Class
    So that's the "white beast" we saw during the factory tour!

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my take on slide toppers. We camp in Southern Ontario, New York and adjoining states and our preferred camp ground is heavily treed therefore there can be a lot of debris on the unit. In addition we camp four seasons. Our first travel trailer did not have a slide topper and it was horrible. We always had to clean the top of the slide to get rid of all kinds of mess. Snow, slush and ice was a nightmare as is wet leaves and pine needles in the fall. All to often we brought this mess inside via the slide, especially if we closed up wet. Our next unit we had a slide topper installed before delivery. When we traded in, the slide was pristine despite the fact we do far more nights then the average family and in all weather. I have seen inches of snow slide right off as I pull in the slide, in fact it's fun to watch and made even better if hubby is not as attentive as he should be and the snow falls on him. We didn't even have so much as a pine needle on our slide let alone fallen leaves, sap and all other sorts of natures wonder. Seeing we had so much success with our previous slide toppers we opted for three on this unit.

As weekend campers ladders quickly become a chore if after every relaxing trip you have to get up and clean three slides every weekend. It's not like you can stand on a picnic table like we did with the travel trailer. To us this extra work defeats the reason we went hard sided to begin with, less work.

While we have had very windy conditions and I never heard our toppers flap, we are not on the coast, nor have we ever camped there. I think like everything personal experiences and needs will differ. Once we branch out to vastly different locations I am sure we will come up with a situation that will make us say why did we, but then again, for what we are doing now, I would never be without the toppers. For us the investment was and remains well worth it.
    Lostincanada and Jahna
    AKA Derek and Tatjana plus our pups Shadow and Nani
    2012 Ram 2500
    2015 Reflection 337
    Hailing from Southern Ontario Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KZ View Post
    Having seen the 350M and it does not allow refer access when closed.
    I'm assuming that's the same scenario on the 355 - with the slide in can you get to the fridge?

Actually, looking at the floorplan - with the slides in it doesn't appear that you have access through to the garage on the 355 either, do you?

Thx to everyone for their input and suggestions BTW - greatly appreciated!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingerlonger View Post
    Regarding opinions on slide toppers......

I have had 4 different trailers w/slides and have not had toppers on any of them. I believe it comes down to personal preference.

I believe some debris (leaves, pine needles, etc) can still blow up under the toppers, so you would still have to clean the slides
    before retracting sometimes. I have also heard that they tend to flap a lot in a strong breeze. That would be annoying to me.

If I camped more often in blazing hot environments, I might give them more consideration just for the insulation value.
    I will say however, my current GD Reflection 337 is the first one we have owned where the head of the bed is directly in a slideout.
    The sound of that pounding rain on a recent trip had me thinking some about a topper to deaden the sound.

Just my 2 cents.......
    Ken:

We have a annoying sound in the bedroom when it rains. Did you go with slide toppers or another option?

Thanks …. Don
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDWHSKY View Post
    Ken:

We have a annoying sound in the bedroom when it rains. Did you go with slide toppers or another option?

Thanks …. Don
    Don -- Five years later and I have NOT added a slide topper to the bedroom (or the other two slides.)
    I guess I have learned to live with the noise from the rain. It rarely bothers us. I'm a pretty deep sleeper.

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Ken for your reply. Don't know what we'll do to deaden the sound of pouring rain - toppers or foam ear plugs but will try the ear plugs first.

Thanks again …. Don
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12