User Tag List

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outsmarted by thermostats!

Well, sad to say it, but it's true. The thermostats have won.

OK, Momentum 351, 3 AC units bedroom/main/garage. Heat pump on the main unit.

Simple question, how on earth does the heat work? Setting the temp higher in the main room, kicks on fine, either heat pump or gas (depending on my selection). No mystery there, works great.

However, the other two, I have no idea how they work in heat. If I set them to AC, they pop right on, as expected. If I set them to 100F (bedroom and garage), nothing happens at all. And, more interesting, when I set the main unit to 100F, there's all kind of hot air blowing into the bedroom?!

So, color me confused. I've read there are 3 AC's, but only 1 heater (main unit/room). OK, but then how do I get heat to the garage with the door closed? Or is it all automatic? Does setting the thermostats to heat in the bedroom/garage do anything at all (close/open ducts perhaps)? What if I want the bedroom at 80 and the main room at 75 and the garage at 70? Is that doable, or is it just the main that matters? Also, I don't see any low ducting in the garage (like I have in the bedroom), does that mean no heat all goes back there?

Thanks, I suspect this is a simple answer, but I can't figure it out from poking lots of buttons.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be a round vent on the inside wall of the garage where the heat comes in. Heat is ducted under the floor from the furnace.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    MN_Rider

2019 354M Momentum
    2013 F350 CCSB 6.7

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cooling and heating ducting systems are separate (except for the heat pump on the one AC which uses the AC ducts in the ceiling). When you set the thermostat in the main living area to heat and set it to run the main (propane) furnace, it heats the whole rig - ducted to bedroom, living area, garage, and basement area through the floor ducting system.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The front and rear AC dont have a heat pump. You can set them on fan mode which will help with air distribution. The only heater duct we have in the garage is under the bathroom floor on the lip of the door frame. It looks like black sheet metal with numerous holes in it. Depending on the temperature, the heat pump is only so effective. We've had much better outcomes using the fireplace and then an electric heater in the garage. We use the washer/dryer outlet in the garage for the heater since it's on a dedicated 20A breaker. We wont use it while using the dryer though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stated above, your heat is a single unit, that services all areas. There is ducting throughout (whether using the heat pump in the ceiling ducting or the LP furnace in the floor ducting) that circulates the entire unit.

I think in the 351 there is holes under the door from the living area into the garage for the heat ducting.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That happened to me our first time in the cold with our 351M. The wife figured out you must turn off the cool setting while in heat setting so as not to turn on the a/c while having heater on. And to confirm, one heater ducted throughout your unit with the garage vent under the restroom door in the garage. We close/block the vent in the bedroom sometimes because it will get hotter in their compared to the main room.