User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a weight slip right after they bought it. It was only partially loaded so trailer was 9620 and pin was 1520. Expect around 10500 and 17-18 fully loaded. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180311_161429.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	20504

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    2019 377MBS-R
    2017 Ford F350

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matter of fact I just remembered a friend of mine had an 11000 pound fiver he pulled with same truck as yours but with the 3.73. He also had no issues. A 34 foot fifth wheel will tow twice as well as that 33 foot travel trailer. The extra weight will slow you down slightly but not enough to offset all the other advantages of a fifth wheel.

2019 377MBS-R
    2017 Ford F350

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    My previous set up was a 2003 Silverado SS with 6.0 LS engine. It was a higher performance version back then and had the same 380 lb/ft of torque as your current 2016 GMC. I towed a 30ft lightweight trailer, 5200lb dry, 6500 gvw. It towed superbly, the only issue being steep grades. 6% grade would have the truck in second gear and turning 4000 - 4500 rpm to maintain 45-50 mph. That engine would run that rpm and more all day long. I wouldn't worry about the engine. The SS had the 4 speed trans, your 6speed should be an asset for towing.
    Kim,

To illustrate the advantages of an SIDI engine, todays L83 5.3L SB is a carbon copy in torque and power of the L96 6.0L which is port fuel injection. SIDI engines will run most of the time at lower RPM while towing. The new GM 6.6L HD gas engine will be great on torque and is also direct injected.

Todays 6.0L though an older engine is rock solid as this engine also has a cast iron block and built for HD use.

Jim
    Last edited by MidwestCamper; 06-05-2019 at 06:07 PM.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pulling my 31MB with a 2019 2500HD 6.0. As said - I don't get to the top first, but I get there. We live in the mountains of North Central PA, so it gets a little steep. I bought the truck with the full intention of going to a 5th wheel. We also only go 5 or 6 times a years, so I really didn't want the hassle of diesel and there is currently only one place in town to get diesel. Overall I'm satisfied.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all great info. We are waiting to hear back from our sales rep @ Tom Schaeffer to talk #s .

We are looking at adding the theater dinnette; instead of u shaped. Does anyone have this and have any feedback on it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by knl8229 View Post
    This is all great info. We are waiting to hear back from our sales rep @ Tom Schaeffer to talk #s .

We are looking at adding the theater dinnette; instead of u shaped. Does anyone have this and have any feedback on it?
    That's a tough call. Me personally I would think that the dinette would come in handy. Especially with children so you could play board games or whatever. At night you drop it down you make a big bed for watching TV. That option was not available 2 years ago when our kids bought their 28BH however I can tell you my son-in-law would be all over that theater seating. He wishes he had it in his and they have a six-year-old and an 8 year old.

2019 377MBS-R
    2017 Ford F350

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a note about the floor plan of the 28BH. As of at least June 10 th, there is a new floor plan, at the bunk space. It looks like the rear garage is also gone, at the overall length increased by 10” to 34-8.
    We were going to wait to get ours in the fall, but it looks like we will have to pull the trigger sooner if we want to get an early model 2020.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freebird View Post
    I have a 2800BH Imagine which I pull with a 09 Ram 2500 5.7 hemi. It tows just fine on the flat like it's not even there but based on my experience pulling my rock crawler on a trailer in the mountains it's going to be like mentioned above "not going to be the first to the top" but it will get there.
    The 28BH is an 11,000 lb fifth-wheel and the 2800BH is a 7,500lb travel trailer. The naming convention is confusing and I've made this mistake several times myself.
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tow vehicle

[QUOTE=knl8229;238124]Hi, I am looking for some guidance. My wife and I are considering buying the Reflection 28BH 5th wheel and were wondering everyone thoughts on towing it with our 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L.

We have approximately 2600-2700 lbs of payload and 4.10 rear end, so was wondering if anyone is towing with this type of gas 3/4 ton engine and their experience with 28BH.

I know I won't be winning any races up hill, but just curious if it will perform safely and functional for the 4-5 trips a year we take. We live in eastern PA so we do come across some bills but don't have any current plans for cross country trips, etc.

Essentially right now am very unlikely to make switch to 1 ton diesel, so may have to stick with current 33' travel trailer weighing about 7-8k.

Again all input is appreciated.

Thanks![/QUOTE
    You will be fine with your GMC. I pulled my hot rod trailer that grossed 10,000 lbs with a 1/2 ton Dodge Hemi 4x4 back and forth to E Wa over the mountains 70 mph.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by knl8229 View Post

We went and looked at the 28BH this past weekend. Up until then we had figured that we wanted the dinette for sure, so that we could have an extra bed if we needed and so that we could all sit together family style on bad weather days. When we were looking, we actually sat down at the dinette and discovered that it was quite tight ( i’m bigger person) and when DH sat in the back, we were fighting knees- even with kids I’m sure you could still only fit 3 persons due to leg space. The table was small. And finally, the cushions were too short in the back. We decided that we would probably be better off with the theater seating, with worse case scenario that you would just sleep on the couch as it is ( the dinette would only sleep one person anyway)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast