User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CampKeri View Post
    Just a note about the floor plan of the 28BH. As of at least June 10 th, there is a new floor plan, at the bunk space. It looks like the rear garage is also gone, at the overall length increased by 10” to 34-8.
    We were going to wait to get ours in the fall, but it looks like we will have to pull the trigger sooner if we want to get an early model 2020.

CampKeri, you are correct about the mid-year floor plan update. While at the dealer looking at a 2019 28BH he updated us of the recent change. We were told about 6" of kitchen area will be sacrificed to accomplish the extra room in redesign bunk area.

This was a 100% turn OFF for us. The new bunk area is unappealing in my eyes especially giving up kitchen area. It also seems to be in direct competition with the 1/2 ton series 290BH.

Therefore, we decided to pull the trigger on the 2019 28BH. We love that layout and could not be happier with our choice.

Just wanted to confirm the change and pass along for others.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the thought that the 28BH went backwards in the design. Makes me happy I have an '18. The 2 double beds are best for my kids. I love the rear compartment too. That goes away. I don't use the outside TV much but now you just get a hookup. It's a longer unit now too. I like the length of my style. And those graphics! Not an upgrade.

I also pull mine with a gas engine truck. 6.4L Hemi does a pretty good job. Average 8 to 9+ mpg while towing.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody have any pictures of the "new" 28BH? I've got a 2020 on order and now I'm going to have to make sure that it's the "old" design because I agree, losing the back garage and adding length are both steps backwards in my opinion.

I find it incredibly frustrating in the RV industry that the model year doesn't really mean anything at all. Model years change with no feature changes, while major feature/design changes happen in the middle of a model year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's what is available on Grand Design's website. I'm assuming a 2020 will be this layout.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190612-220850_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	20734

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190612-220239_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	20735
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked at a 2020 28BH but it sold before I could put a deposit on it, and it was the "old" style. Now have a deposit on the next one inbound to the dealer, going to have to confirm with them whether it's new or old layout. I actually do like the new graphics better, especially with my all-black truck, but that back garage was one of the things I like most about the model.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cjutah View Post
    I looked at a 2020 28BH but it sold before I could put a deposit on it, and it was the "old" style. Now have a deposit on the next one inbound to the dealer, going to have to confirm with them whether it's new or old layout. I actually do like the new graphics better, especially with my all-black truck, but that back garage was one of the things I like most about the model.
    Anything built/online in June is going to be the new layout.

You should be able to confirm the offline date of your ordered unit with your dealer.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys just saved me a bunch of headache. Just cancelled my order for the "new" 2020 28BH and instead the dealer is bringing in the "old" (better) 28BH from another location.

I did find one dealer that has pictures of the new floorplan in case anybody is interested. I guess the bunk room is marginally better (and graphics are better IMO but that's pretty subjective) but not enough to sacrifice the length, kitchen space, and rear storage.

https://www.colerainrv.com/inv/2020-...23530/#mainpic
    Last edited by cjutah; 06-18-2019 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Added link to new floorplan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad we could help. We are now on our way home from Layzee Acres dealership in Orillia. We just put our down payment on the 2019 28BH. We wanted the theatre seating in place of the u-dinette, and they are ordering it for us at no extra charge. Like I said earlier, we were going to wait until the fall shows to order the 2020, then saw the new floor plan and pulled the trigger a bit earlier. Glad it worked out for both of us cjutah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2020 28BH Reflections 5th wheel.
    We have attempted to pull it with our 2014 GMC 2500HD 6L and are struggling immensely. We had previously pulled a 2015 Cougar 330 RBK without one stitch of grief.
    Anyone else experiencing grief pulling this model? We are completely within tow capacity and our dealer told us we would have no issues pulling this rig as it is 1/2 tonne towable. They claim they haven't had one person complain and that they sold this popular unit to people using 1/2 tonnes.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campedforyears View Post
    We have a 2020 28BH Reflections 5th wheel.
    We have attempted to pull it with our 2014 GMC 2500HD 6L and are struggling immensely. We had previously pulled a 2015 Cougar 330 RBK without one stitch of grief.
    Anyone else experiencing grief pulling this model? We are completely within tow capacity and our dealer told us we would have no issues pulling this rig as it is 1/2 tonne towable. They claim they haven't had one person complain and that they sold this popular unit to people using 1/2 tonnes.
    What specifically is going on? Engine struggling? Stability issues? Chucking?
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast