User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased a momentum 381 and Installed a b&w hitch. I have a dodge 360 dually with the puck system. I really like it and highly recommend it. Easy installed, it just drops in.
    Mike

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 F350 Long Bed (with puck system) and a new 2020 Momentum 349M and installed the B&W Companion. I previously had the same setup (2015 F350) with the Reese Elite from Ford and the B&W is vastly superior. The jaws on the B&W are much tighter (less slop) and they engage/disengage a lot easier whenever the truck/trailer are not level. The build quality is phenominal and it's also a lot quieter (large bushings at pivot points versus steel on steel). I was shocked how much quieter the B&W was over the Reese Elite.

There are a wide variety of pin boxes you can swap out on the trailer. Recommend you start with a quality hitch and pull the trailer a while to determine if you really need/want anything additional.

2020 Grand Design Momentum 349M, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Goodyear G114 17.5" Tires, 1280W Solar w/600AH Battle Born Batteries
    2019 Ford F350 Platinum
    2014 Polaris UTV
    USAF Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a B&W hitch, but a slider (which the OP does not need). It is a great hitch, and is American made.

The OEM Lippert pin box seems to do fine on our trailer.

Many members like the Andersen (which is also American made), but do the research on that type of hitch. It has a ball and socket connection requiring more careful alignment than a conventional 5th wheel hitch, and may require safety chains in some states.
    Last edited by MtnGuy; 06-15-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All above are good, some more money than others and some heavier than others. The Anderson and Goose box will make it ride smooth. I can’t speak on Hensley for I know nothing on it but it sounds good. Figure out how far your going to tow and if you need box of truck empty when you get where your going and then look at your budget. I’ve use all the said above other than Hensley and my choice for me has been Anderson, trailer is around 16,000 and I’ve put 10,000 miles on with no problems. I should mention I swapped my hitch out for a Moryde hitch when I purchased trailer. I believe it works better with Anderson than the equa flex. The Anderson will give you more turning room if you need that as well. Just my thought!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should proof read, I swapped pin box out for Moryde when I purchased trailer!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Reese Goosebox with air shocks on a Curt ball for our Momentum 376 and its a very smooth ride behind my Chevy Dually.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 388, big brother to 350/351. Use B&W and Lippert Flex Air pin box. You probably wouldn't need the pin box as your TH is a bit lighter than mine. To be honest, I can't tell a whole lot of difference between the Flex Air box and the stock pin box that came with the trailer. Get rid of the Westlake tires as soon as you can and go with Goodyear or Sailun and you won't have to worry about tire blowouts. You are going to love your new TH.
    Steve
    2017 F350 6.7 Lariat DRW
    2017 Momentum 388M
    North of Houston

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to easily remove the hitch, Anderson is the only option. We had a Pullrite with a Trailair pinbox. It was smooth and we liked the setup. It came with our 350M.

I sold them both and got a rigid pinbox with the Anderson. We saved about 300lbs, it rides just as smooth, and I can take it out alone in 5 minutes (including unlocking the rail pin I bought).

You can get a Reese adapter that adds rails to the puck system for easy setup.

Hitching isn't any more difficult than a regular hitch. I think it's a bit easier. With a regular hitch, if you're off a little, the head spins to the side and you have to reset. You also have to get the height just right.

With the Anderson, if you line up straight and get the cup over the ball within a few inches, the angle and height don't matter.
    Last edited by FatGator; 06-15-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FatGator View Post
    If you want to easily remove the hitch, Anderson is the only option...
    Not necessarily

I have a ceiling mounted electric hoist in my garage. I can remove my hitch in less than 5 minutes. I then drop it on a furniture dolly and wheel it away. I haven't lifted my hitch since I bought it. I realize not everybody has a garage or shop where they can mount a hoist but if they do, it's a great system.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased a Solitude 310GK I have a Ford F350 long bed with the puck system. I had my dealer install the Reese Goosebox in place of the pin box that comes with the trailer. I use a B&W goose ball in the center puck.

The pros are

1. It is super easy to remove the ball from the truck bed as it only weights a few lbs. Then you can use the truck for anything else and have no worries on storing a big heavy 5 wheel hitch.

2. The ride with the built in shocks and air cushion is fantastic.

3 Un-hitching is simple. Just release the latch and lift the front off the ball, remove the chains and cable then drive away. I've seen 5th wheel hitches get jammed where they were difficult to un-latch.

4. Cost is a little more but considering I did not have to buy a fifth wheel hitch its not too bad.

Cons

1. I must admit it is a little more trouble to hook up. You need to be lined up left to right and front to back before you can lower the hitch on the ball. The bed camera helps and a helper or a second camera from the side would be make it easier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast