Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some thoughts. People will, without malice, try to scare you about towing your new rig. The fact that you’ve been towing a trailer gives you more than enough experience to handle your new, larger, heavier fifth wheel. There won’t be any of the fish-tailing associated with trailers. You won’t be drawn in when a semi passes you. For the most part, you won’t even know you are towing something. You absolutely have the correct truck to deal with your new rig. Just remember to go slow and make wider turns, especially to the right. Going up or down ramps may require more care but if you set up your hitch properly, you should do fine. My wife has been sharing driving duties and she does well. We bought a Curt A25 for our 375RES. It is incredibly easy to load and unload. Probably overkill but you never know whether our next rig will be a Mobile Suites 44.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Pull Rite super light 2400 hitch. Very easy to hook and unhook. It has very little chucking and only weighs 54 lbs. You have to use a adapter that goes on the king pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we were thinking that we were going to buy a long bed/crew cab pickup I absolutely had narrowed down the hitch to the B&W. We ended up buying a short bed because a long bed/crew cab wouldn't fit in our garage. We then decided on a PullRite because of the short bed and the fact that it automatically moves rearward during turns.

Gary Harkins

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Terry, what toy are you hauling in your 376? We really like the model but the garage is small and I’d like to haul a side by side. Appreciate any advice.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kathy and Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2Go View Post
    Hello All, We just purchased a Momentum 351 and pick it up this Friday!! We have towed travel trails but are brand new to 5th wheels. My husband asked me to research hitches and I didn't think it would be too difficult but I'm starting to wonder if he was trying to make me go crazy!! Any help you could provide would be most helpful. Our TV is an F-350 long bed with dually wheels (after reading on forum here we decided to go with the dually). It is prepped with the puck system. I've been looking at B&W, Anderson, Reese Titan. Any thoughts on these or others?? Would like something that is easiest to hook/unhook, one person can take out, and limits chucking and bucking.

Since we have a long bed I'm assuming we do not need sliders??

What about a pin box?

Thank you so much for any help!!
    We use a BMW hitch made in America. Love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you do anything to increase the distance from the truck rails to the 5th wheel? My distance is less then 6 inches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wbenvenuto View Post
    Did you do anything to increase the distance from the truck rails to the 5th wheel? My distance is less then 6 inches.
    . This question is directed to Gran Casita

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready2Go View Post
    Hello All, We just purchased a Momentum 351 and pick it up this Friday!! We have towed travel trails but are brand new to 5th wheels. My husband asked me to research hitches and I didn't think it would be too difficult but I'm starting to wonder if he was trying to make me go crazy!! Any help you could provide would be most helpful. Our TV is an F-350 long bed with dually wheels (after reading on forum here we decided to go with the dually). It is prepped with the puck system. I've been looking at B&W, Anderson, Reese Titan. Any thoughts on these or others?? Would like something that is easiest to hook/unhook, one person can take out, and limits chucking and bucking.

Since we have a long bed I'm assuming we do not need sliders??

What about a pin box?

Thank you so much for any help!!

I have a Solitude 366DEN pull it with a GMC 3500HD using a Demco Recon hitch. It is light enough that I can easily remove it from the bed when I'm not pulling the trailer to keep the bed clear. The B&W can weight close to 200 lbs. the Demco Recon weighs less than 140lb total. The Recon Gooseneck Ball Mount is a light weight that fits ANY 2-5/16” Gooseneck Ball Mount. The hitch can be easily separated into 2 pieces making installation and removal quick and easy. The Recon utilizes a standard 5th wheel head design, no adapter plate, or pin box modifications are needed. The head unit uses and complete wrap around design that excirles the entire kingpin. When connected there are two metal bars prevent the kingpin from ever coming out.
    https://www.demco-products.com/rv-to...ck-ball-mount/

I am not a big fan of the RotaFlex pin box. After 5000 miles I pulled it apart to find wear on the brass bushing and difference in thickness on the pad.
    After I sent the pictures to Lippert they are sending my a new pin box. I have a heavy hitch weight so my request to upgrade to the HD 21K pin box was approved and that is what they are sending me.
    If I was to purchase a pin box I would go with the MORryde or Demco Glide ride.

Good luck with your decision.
    2014 GMC Denali 3500HD
    Demco Recon, gooseneck ball mounted
    Solitude 366DEN

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123