User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2006 F250 had the same suspension as an F350. When I was shopping for my 2013, an F250 did not have the same suspension as the F350
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    I'll call your provocative statement and raise you an even more inflammatory statement:
    Assuming your taxes and registration costs are the same (like in Oregon), I don't understand why anybody would ever buy a 3/4 ton truck - for any reason.
    I have heard that some HOA’s restrict the homeowners to a 3/4 ton and lower. I had our HOA send me our “Rules” and it’s not in mine, but assuming there’s truth in this, that could be a potential motivating factor?
    Jim

2017 F-250 6.7L Fx4 Lariat Long Bed Crew Cab “Daisy”
    using Blue Ox Swaypro 1500S towing
    2018 Imagine 2800BH “River”
    ReTrax MX Pro Tonneau
    70” Thule Rack System
    MORryde CRE 3000
    Champion 3400w Dual-Fuel Inverter Generator

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirugger View Post
    I have heard that some HOA’s restrict the homeowners to a 3/4 ton and lower.
    Holy cow! I thought our HOA's were restrictive. I can't imagine an HOA telling you what kind of truck you can drive. Pretty sure 99% of board members couldn't tell the difference between a 3/4 and 1 ton truck (or 1/2 ton for that matter) without looking at the badge. I wouldn't live in a neighborhood that outlawed trucks.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now if you're looking to go from SRW (250 or 350) to DRW (350 or 450), that is a totally different story. That upgrade is much more than a sticker and by almost all accounts, well worth the investment if you are at or over the capability of a SRW truck.

This is exactly where I’m at....thank you for the info on the 250/350 and then summing up the BIG difference TV move!

Remarked to my wife today that when on the road, and staying in and around RVers, you get a warped sense of what people drive.....if this place (Yellowstone) is what’s normal, I need a DRW yesterday! Hahaha Lots of nice trucks out here!
    Jim

ReTrax MX Pro Tonneau
    70” Thule Rack System
    MORryde CRE 3000

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    x2

I would debadge mine if it came to it, but I wouldn't move to a neighborhood with such a restrictive HOA.

Thats just plain azz crazy.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    x2

I would debadge mine if it came to it, but I wouldn't move to a neighborhood with such a restrictive HOA.

Mike
    I’d understand an HOA saying “we want vehicles that look like they belong” more than being restrictive on weight, but I’m not sure you can say that? Imagine you’re trying to sell your house and “Big Foot” is parked next door......aren’t HOA’s there to just make sure your neighbor doesn’t submarine your property value? I owned undeveloped property in Texas where my neighbor would come outside and shoot guns whenever the realtor showed up to show the property, hahaha, what a d-bag. Still sold!
    Jim

ReTrax MX Pro Tonneau
    70” Thule Rack System
    MORryde CRE 3000

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Well looks like this is settled. Overload the hell out of those 3/4 ton trucks because they are all the same as the 1 ton. Wait.....nearly.

For me, I'll choose to never do this and will trust the certifications on each individual truck myself and to not exceed them. I've seen the differences in calibration, and hardware that can be invisible to the customer and feel comfortable in my decision. You obviously feel comfortable in yours.

Send me a PM with your resume and I will help you land an engineering job in Michigan where you can educate all of us that design, build and test these vehicles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    x2

Mike
    Great idea! Maybe I'll order some new fender badges to keep the campground weight police off my tail.

Actually, I have never even had a weight related conversation at a campground. Apparently this is just an internet thing. The campground conversation is usually limited to, "Beautiful truck", "Nice trailer", "Have a great day", "Want to join me for a beer?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have question, when I bought my 2019 F250 gas, the specifications for the 350 had a lower payload range than the 250, so I opted for the 250 at 3200 lbs. So is there an option on the 350 to add more payload without going diesel?

I have more than enough payload now and for the future Rv. I am happy with the choice I made.
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirugger View Post
    I have heard that some HOA’s restrict the homeowners to a 3/4 ton and lower. I had our HOA send me our “Rules” and it’s not in mine, but assuming there’s truth in this, that could be a potential motivating factor?
    It would be a motivating factor for me for sure. Pretty much tell them to put their high brow rules where it ain't sunny, then sell the house and move to where I could exercise my right to have whatever truck I wanted
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    I have question, when I bought my 2019 F250 gas, the specifications for the 350 had a lower payload range than the 250, so I opted for the 250 at 3200 lbs. So is there an option on the 350 to add more payload without going diesel?

I have more than enough payload now and for the future Rv. I am happy with the choice I made.
    Mark
    Pretty much anytime you opt for a gas motor instead of the diesel, you can assume approx 500 more pounds of available payload on whichever truck. And if you want more, ditch the 4 wheel drive and opt for two wheel drive. And even more payload for reg. Cab vs. CrewCab. More payload with an XL trim than a Lariat/King Ranch. I've just described the truck that Ford uses to brag about their maximum payload...."when properly equipped". But in 99 times out of 100, no one wants a two wheel drive, regular cab, XL work truck with a gas motor....except businesses that want a basic work truck.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast