User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop the rocking

I have a 349 momentum with the 6 way hydraulic jacks and I still get a lot of movement was wondering what else I could do to stabilize it. Thanks

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andersen Jack blocks, JT Strongarm or Steadyfast stabilizers, Kingpin tripod - some or all. We have the Jack Blocks and the Steadyfast. The latter just got installed and we will be testing it this weekend.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried shortening the jacks? I made 12 - 11” square pads and put two under each jack. Two 2x12s with a piece of horse stall mat sandwiched between them. Notched the mat to put a rope loop on each one. You can still feel someone moving around , but very little.
    The triangulating brace systems get good reviews , but for me it’s one more thing to have to deal with.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 385TH had some motion, mostly when we run the washing machine. We found that making sure the wheel chocks are good, and installing RV Snap Pads on the pads on the jacks made it more than tolerable.

You can add a kingpin tripod to reduce it to the absolute minimum. We have been going without it lately and it's been good enough. If you want to try one, we recommend the https://ultra-fab.com/product/heavy-...bilizer-steel/ and we also needed the https://ultra-fab.com/product/leg-ex...hd-ec-tripods/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can add a kingpin tripod to reduce it to the absolute minimum. We have been going without it lately and it's been good enough. If you want to try one, we recommend the https://ultra-fab.com/product/heavy-...bilizer-steel/ and we also needed the https://ultra-fab.com/product/leg-ex...hd-ec-tripods/[/QUOTE]

I just got a BAL 25030 Deluxe Bipod King Pin Stabilizer. Seems to have steadied the rig quite a bit, but we have not gone camping yet. I got it slightly used for a real good price. We'll see how it works out. The shaking wasn't too bad except when my granddaughter was running around at the campground a week ago.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    Have you tried shortening the jacks? I made 12 - 11” square pads and put two under each jack. Two 2x12s with a piece of horse stall mat sandwiched between them. Notched the mat to put a rope loop on each one. You can still feel someone moving around , but very little. The triangulating brace systems get good reviews , but for me it’s one more thing to have to deal with. Charlie
    Ditto. Couple of 10-foot 2" X 12" pressurized boards cut into 12" pieces, and I use anywhere from two to six of them under the jacks. I alternate the grain 90 degrees as I'm putting them down which reduces splitting (I lost two in the first year before starting that alternating, none since).

I haven't done the horse mat sandwich but those who have swear by it.
    Last edited by boyscout; 06-06-2019 at 07:06 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you get older you will find a little camper rockin' is a thing to be proud of. That's what I hear anyway.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that using the X chocks between the tires works well.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can add a kingpin tripod to reduce it to the absolute minimum. We have been going without it lately and it's been good enough. If you want to try one, we recommend the https://ultra-fab.com/product/heavy-...bilizer-steel/ and we also needed the https://ultra-fab.com/product/leg-ex...hd-ec-tripods/[/QUOTE]

We got the BAL 25030 Deluxe Bipod King Pin Stabilizing Jack. We have not tried it out yet so I can not give a good opinion on it yet. Seems pretty solid so far in the driveway, and I got it used for a really good price. I also do use the 12x12 treated blocks to shorten up the jacks a little along with X chocks.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just installed the snap pads and we also use the X chocks. They have both helped.
    Pino and sherry
    2019 GD 303 RLS
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson hitch
    Champion 3400 dual fuel generator
    “Out ‘n About, Eh”

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast