User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyLovesCamping View Post
    That's weird -- I'd think any tire needs balancing, regardless of what it's mounted on. But now that you mention it, I don't see any balance weights on mine either. Hmmm...time for a trip to the tire shop?
    The other day I passed an 18-wheeler on the freeway with an obviously out of balance tire on one of the trailer axles. It was bouncing wildly. Can't possibly be any good for either the tire or the suspension. Seems like that's a blowout looking for a place to happen...
    Goodyear balanced my tires.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grumpypapa, The dinette side slide can be done in one piece. For that side I used a 80 3/4" long and the width is 11" with a 1/2" 90* turn up, up the side. The refrig side takes 2 pieces due to an extra support and the front one is 10 1/2" with a 90* turn up, up the side by 59 1/2" and the rear piece is 10 1/2" with a 1/2" 90* and length is 35". Be sure the paint them black before installing with #12 self drilling screws 3/4" long. It will look like factory if done right. I may go take a picture in a little bit if that would help. So easy and I put them on with the tires on and slide out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbowman View Post
    Grumpypapa, The dinette side slide can be done in one piece. For that side I used a 80 3/4" long and the width is 11" with a 1/2" 90* turn up, up the side. The refrig side takes 2 pieces due to an extra support and the front one is 10 1/2" with a 90* turn up, up the side by 59 1/2" and the rear piece is 10 1/2" with a 1/2" 90* and length is 35". Be sure the paint them black before installing with #12 self drilling screws 3/4" long. It will look like factory if done right. I may go take a picture in a little bit if that would help. So easy and I put them on with the tires on and slide out.
    Great info thanks. Are they stainless or galvanized?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put over 26k miles on my original Westlakes, and they were 5 years old. I've recently replaced them, however I didn't go back with the Westlakes. Perhaps their quality has fallen off the past few years.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought this thread was supposed to be about giving Papahoosh info about how different ones of us had handled getting simular repairs done. Not a thread about Westlake tires.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Papahoosh, They are galvanized. I actually cut mine out of a 8' piece of 4" x 12" rectangular heavy duty commercial heat duct. The 90 was already there on four corners so take your choice of the side s you want to fabricate from.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ksbowman, if is not too much trouble would you please post some pictures? I am getting ready to add sheet metals.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Papahoosh, I tried to take some pictures, but unfortunately when we came back from Florida the end of March the roads (gravel) that I live on were soup and the next day everything was frozen. Since it was frozen I couldn't rinse the 5th wheel out underneath. We haven't made any trips so it hasn't been out of the barn. This is about the best I can do for now. If you send me a PM with a phone # I would be happy to talk you thru it. The 1/2" lip goes up on the outside.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190704_190154.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	21159Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190704_190205.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	21160

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Papahoosh, I tried to take some pictures, but unfortunately when we came back from Florida the end of March the roads (gravel) that I live on were soup and the next day everything was frozen. Since it was frozen I couldn't rinse the 5th wheel out underneath. We haven't made any trips so it hasn't been out of the barn. This is about the best I can do for now. If you send me a PM with a phone # I would be happy to talk you thru it. The 1/2" lip goes up on the outside.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190704_190154.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	21159Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190704_190205.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	21160
    This is good thank you.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tire damage to Solitude

Quote Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
    I had similar damage on mine when a Westlake gave it up on mine. My TPMS told me I had a problem right after it exploded. Replaced all 7 with Goodyear two days later. I ordered the parts for mine (wheel well plastic and metal panel). Was easy enough to install. Just a bunch of screws. I also ordered 4 dozen black head screws as well to have come extras. Parts cost was less than $250.00 is memory serves me correctly. The shipping was a killer however. It was over $400.00 freight as the metal panel comes in a 16' length and was packaged in a long very sturdy crate. I actually cut it at the dealer to get it home. My piece was only about 100" that needed replacing.
    Hi John,

This exact issue happened with me yesterday on our 2018 Solitude with Westlakes (G-rated). Made me sick to my stomach with the damage that occurred.

I’m wondering if you can tell me how you ordered the parts? From the dealership or directly from GD?

Also, did the panel come with the factory bends in it? Or did someone need to use a press brake to make them? Did the panel come pre-painted or did a body shop shoot the correct color for you?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance!

Glenn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	303A3B4B-8CFC-4949-9170-82FDE3A3E857.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	36346
    2020 GMC Denali 3500HD
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 310-GK
    TST - TPMS
    B&W Companion 20k hitch

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast