User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie Fifth Wheel Supplies

Hello All,

I will be purchasing a Reflection 367BHS next month. I have watched many youtube videos to get an idea of everything that I need to live full time. The following items are what I am thinking that I need:

Tri-Lynx Levelers - $28.76
    Camco Dogbone RV Circuit Analyzer $141.69
    Rvaqua water pressure regulator - $29.99
    Camco 50' PowerGrip Extension Cord - $504.10
    MaxxHaul 2 pack Wheel Chock 8" - $17.72
    Giraffe Garden Hose 50' $34.99
    Camco 50' premium drinking hose - $29.20
    Camco Deluxe 20' swivel ready to use kit complete w/elbow fittin, hoses, storage caps and clear extender - #35.91
    Camco 15' Sidewinder RV Sewer support - $25.40
    Valterra Flush King 45 degree reverse flush valve attachment - $34.50
    Alpha WiFi Camp Pro 2 long range WiFi repeater - $151.78
    Oxygenics White Standard Hand held sprayer kit - $ 29.80

Any and all input will be grateful. Thanks and have a great day.

v/r

Will

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd skip on the WIFI repeater.

We use Cricket (which is owned by AT&T and on their network) and bypass the campground WIFI all together because I've never been to a place where it didn't suck. I generally don't have any issues with my unlimited extra plan. I'm on a group and it is $36.50 a month, has no cap on speed or data limits. I do use a VPN and also hotspot my device to share in the RV.

I don't know what kind of cord you have with your unit but on our Momentum the cord is really long. Easily goes from the bay all the way to the rear. I'd probably hold off and make sure you really need that $500 extension cord but it is one of those things that when you need one you'll be glad you have it. I've never needed one though in more than a decade of full time.

Rest looks pretty standard.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aridin, thanks for the response. Definitely Something I’ll need to ask is does the 367 BHS comes standard with the extension cable. $500 can de put to much better uses if this is the case. Thanks again buddy, have a good day.

Will

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll chime in.

Make sure you get a good surge protector. I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...vwebnetwork-20

You can get a built in version of that unit if you prefer.

However, this well regarded unit will not do one thing. If you encounter an undervoltage situation, it will trip the break and shut off power to protect your equipment.

I found out about the Hughes Autoformer afterwards and now I wish I had gotten this unit instead: https://hughesautoformers.com/produc...ter-and-surge/

What's the difference? I'm bad with electricity, but the best I can explain is this way. We were at Revelstoke National Park in British Columbia, and one hot day our power shut off. I went outside and looked at the breaker at the 30 amp box (lots of national parks are typically 30 amps and so are many commercial RV campgrounds in Canada), and it was fine. Our surge protector had gone into protect mode.

My wife was not happy. It was HOT that day. So it turns out because everyone else in the park was running their air conditioning units the normal 120 volts at the box started to drop.....and drop....and drop. I stood out there watching the readout get below 108 or something like that and then the unit went into protect mode. It was explained to me by the smarter folks on this forum that low voltage can cause damage to electrical components.

With the Hughes Autoformer, this situation would not have happened. The unit would have boosted the voltage and maintained power to our trailer. My wife, kids, and I, would have been happy.

Another thing to consider how many grey and black tanks you you have. If your grey tank dumps come out of the same drain, it may be possible to equalize them with a Valterra gate valve. This will effectively give you a bit more gray water capacity if you say, tend to use the shower a lot more than the kitchen sink.

I wouldn't bother with the wifi extender. Most campsites have terrible wifi and not nearly enough bandwidth. So even if you boost the signal, you're going to join a zillion other folks trying to download stuff. I would invest in a cell booster instead.

Make sure you carry a full set of tools with you, including emergency flares, triangles. I've got a torque wrench and a cheater bar as well.

Get a Lube Plate so you don't have to grease your kingpin. I've got this one: https://www.amazon.com/Reese-Towpowe...24147565&psc=1

Get a heat shield for your entry door window. When the hot sun is bearing down on your trailer, having something to cover that window will help tremendously to cut down the heat. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Speaking of heat, I assume you've got single pane windows? If so it may get pretty hot in there. I just installed 20% window film throughout the trailer. This product claims a 64% TSER (Total Solar Energy Reduduction). I think it only cost me about $140 total to do the entire trailer.
    https://www.windowfilm.com/osc/index.php?cPath=553391

Get a Rear Observation Camera so that you can see behind your trailer, especially when you're trying to make a turn.

If you don't have them already a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) is an important safety component.

And lastly, pay the few bucks and join up as a full forum member here. You will get back FAR more USEFUL knowledge than you an imagine. The people here are fantastic! I had never driven a pickup truck let alone pull a trailer prior to our outing last summer. With the help of the fine folks here on the forum, I took the wife and our 3 kids on an amazing 6000 mile journey last summer. And we did it safely.

Cheers!
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and that extension cord? IMO you need one. Some parks have their electrical boxes at the front or rear of the pad, while their sewer dump is in the middle somewhere. It happened to us a few times last summer and I was very thankful to have the extension.

You also might consider the MorRyde Cord Reel. It makes the hassle of setting up and breaking down camp just that much easier. And if your cord is dirty, you can hold a wipe around the cord as you reel it in. That way your cord is always clean. https://www.amazon.com/MORryde-REEL5...01875398&psc=1
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the Rhino drain hose we got at Wal-Mart. As a suggestion, I like having several 25' sections of hose rather than 50' ones. Saves wrestling with a long hose when a shorter one would do. I didn't bother with the drinking quality hose, I just got ones that were better quality and would stay flexible when it is cold. Enjoy!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you would need a 50' extension cord. I bought a 25 footer, and haven't had to use it yet.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be ok with a 25’ extension cord and save some money. I have only used ours one time. We’ve had our 367 for 2.5 years. Enjoy!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would second the 25 foot cord. 50 feet is way to heavy and bulky for a 50 amp. If you truly want 50' get two 25'. Of the three times I have been out this year, I needed my extension cord every time. I would have at least one. I have a 25' and a 50' in 30 amp from my old trailer that I carry.
    2019 Chevy 3500 CC SRW Duramax
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradnailer View Post
    We use the Rhino drain hose we got at Wal-Mart. As a suggestion, I like having several 25' sections of hose rather than 50' ones. Saves wrestling with a long hose when a shorter one would do. I didn't bother with the drinking quality hose, I just got ones that were better quality and would stay flexible when it is cold. Enjoy!!
    I forgot to mention, I have three sets of the Lynx Levelers. I use them under the tires when I need to bring one side up to get it more level and use them under the leveling jacks. In my opinion, the less you have to extend the levelers, the more stable the RV is. I use these rather than wood as they are lighter. That said, I have some small strips of plywood that I can use under the tires when I only need a small amount of lift on one side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast