Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes agreed, more time, more research to 'corner' all the options I have. Would be either a Duramax or Cummins. I see Rams DRW have some nice payload specs last few years.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on my second 6.7 Ford Diesel.....not because I had any issues with the first one, it just wasn't big enough to tow the 5ver that I bought. I now have a 2016 F350 Dually which works very well with a triple axle 42 1/2' Momentum Toy Hauler. You may not be a Ford guy, but I have zero complaints from either this one or the F250 diesel I had.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post
    Guys I'm fluent in other hobbies so please have mercy on my un researched and uneducated questions and comments. But basically I can get a 2016 GMC Denali 3500HD for $47k with 23k miles on it. Is this worth it? Right dumb question. Mostly I have had very minimal time to research the big 3 brands and why. A Duramax and Allison sounds good though and says 6111 payload and 23200 fith wheel on quick Google search. Yes we plan to haul triple axle 5th wheel....
    I have a 2014 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali and pull a 42 ft Solitude 366DEN. I have no issues with it at all. I love having tha built in engine brake and the Allison trans brake for safety. I have a heavy hitch weight but do not need airbags for the load. I have a 60 gal aux fuel tank in the bed as well. The factory overload springs work perfectly. I'm 15,350 lbs empty and was passing everyone through hills at Sierra Blanca in West Texas. You are getting a great deal and should jump on it.
    2014 GMC Denali 3500HD
    Demco Recon, gooseneck ball mounted
    Solitude 366DEN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12