Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New From Texas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New From Texas

I've been reading this forum for a couple of months now since we had a Grand Design fifth wheel in our sights. Thanks to all for the wealth of knowledge and experience they share.

We signed the deal on a Solitude S 2930RL and pick it up next Friday. It's our first fifth wheel coming from a 25' Freedom Express.

Thanks again.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome fellow Texan! This is a great site and you will learn a lot here I think. You will love having a fifth wheel, they have so much more room and tow much nicer. Good luck and safe travels.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group. Keep us posted on how your travels go and be safe.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradnailer View Post
    I've been reading this forum for a couple of months now since we had a Grand Design fifth wheel in our sights. Thanks to all for the wealth of knowledge and experience they share.

We signed the deal on a Solitude S 2930RL and pick it up next Friday. It's our first fifth wheel coming from a 25' Freedom Express.

Thanks again.
    Oh Yeah, hello to another fellow Texan! Thanks for being a site sponsor. Perhaps fill out your profile so we know where in the great state of Texas you are.
    The 2930 S is a great unit, we almost bought that one. We like the S Class, you get some of the goodies of the Solitude line but at lower cost. I prefer the electric leveling and slides. My wife really liked the bathroom of the 2930. In any event you will love the 5th wheel, so easy to tow, just takes a little getting use to from a TT. With the ease of towing the 5th wheel I am glad we went with the longer 3350.

Again Welcome Aboard!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Oh Yeah, hello to another fellow Texan! Thanks for being a site sponsor. Perhaps fill out your profile so we know where in the great state of Texas you are.
    The 2930 S is a great unit, we almost bought that one. We like the S Class, you get some of the goodies of the Solitude line but at lower cost. I prefer the electric leveling and slides. My wife really liked the bathroom of the 2930. In any event you will love the 5th wheel, so easy to tow, just takes a little getting use to from a TT. With the ease of towing the 5th wheel I am glad we went with the longer 3350.

Again Welcome Aboard!
    Updated. Thanks!
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on your first fifth wheel. We just purchased the 303RLS this passed fall and love it. We also had a 25’ freedom express. Happy trails!
    Pino and sherry
    2019 GD 303 RLS
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson hitch
    Champion 3400 dual fuel generator
    “Out ‘n About, Eh”

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slauretani View Post
    Congratulations on your first fifth wheel. We just purchased the 303RLS this passed fall and love it. We also had a 25’ freedom express. Happy trails!
    We loved our Freedom Express. It was a 233RBS. As we are drawing a bead on retirement, we decided to get a little more space. The 303 was the other model we really liked but ended up with the 2930.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome fellow Texan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and congrats on your fifth wheel. We were just in your area over the winter. We love Hill Country.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm yet another Texan who has posted several times, but never introduced myself. I live a few days a year in my house in Rockwall, near Dallas, but consider my TT my home more and more. I'm learning a lot from this forum. I have more truck than I really need (2016 Sierra 2500HD Duramax longbed) to pull a 26' trailer, but like having that margin climbing a 7% grade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast