User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just got back from our trip to Custer State Park and Rocky Mtn. National Park. Towing my current set up at about 5,500 # the truck pulled it no problem as expected. Last year we towed this same set up with a Tacoma or the Explorer, so the F150 was a definite upgrade. I usually drive between 65 and 70 and was able to use the speed control even and it stayed in 6 gear for the most part. MPG got 10 mpg for the entire trip. Was at 10.6 when we left Colorado but lost some average going across eastern Colorado and Kansas.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190629_185529.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	21170

This tells our story from a 2 week run. We went from Iowa to MN, then west on I-90. Our mileage was cut down a good deal going through Montana into a strong head wind where we averaged around 6.5 mpg. The engine didn't notice the mountains much with the turbos, that part was impressive. It just told you it was doing stuff by the fuel consumption. I run in tow mode, of course, and actually get a fair bit of engine breaking, which is quite nice. It will maintain speed on a 4-5% grade without touching the brakes. The 6 and 7s needed an occasional tap on them. Also of interest, I lock out 6th gear and just run in 5th as top gear. It stayed in 4th and 5th most of the trip. We went Badlands, Yellowstone, Tetons, and then back to Iowa across Nebraska.

Jim
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123