Problem solved and duh... do I feel stupid. Grease on brakes. Apparently cold grease sticks pretty well. When I tested the brakes with the emergency pin pulled the trailer had been parked and the temp was cold and the brakes did really seem to be holding well. Finally I pulled a hub and wow... what a mess. Took pictures, contacted Lippert and received 4 new sets of brakes and seals at no cost. So I have installed all the brakes and seals along with repacking the bearings. Currently camped out in my brothers driveway by Bayfield WI so I had access to everything I needed to do the job. Will test them out when I leave latter in the month. A tip to anyone else who attempts to change out the brakes themselves. You want to reconnect all the wires exactly like they were originally connected. The power wires dropping down to the brakes are all black so it is best to label what colors they connect to before cutting off connectors. Thanks to everyone for all the advice. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190623_165815471.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	21504