User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nautilus P1 Hot&Cold Quick-Connect Fitting....leak problem...Reflection 26RL

Greetings everyone,

The quick connect parts on the Nautilus faucet outlet flew off when I removed the hose. I couldn't figure out how-and/or if- it could be put together, so I was able to order a replacement for the outlet. I screwed the hex-shaped fitting onto the nipple, and did a water test. It leaks at the point where the base of the fitting contacts the steel washer. I tried putting on teflon tape and still there is a leak. I'm concerned if I reef on the wrench too much I could crack the plastic backing.

Does anyone know if there should be a rubber washer against the steel washer? I don't think there was one on the original. Their is a small rubber washer well inside of the fitting near the quick connect end, but I don't see how it would compress or do anything useful because the nipple is much shorter than the depth of the fitting.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter I don't know the answer you want, but coincidentally just moments ago I posted the following link for someone else here. It might be useful to you, a repair guide for the Nautilus P1 panel:

http://www.bandbmolders.com/wp-conte...-P1-Repair.pdf

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mark,

Thanks, that's a very thorough repair manual, but unfortunately it doesn't address replacing the quick connect valve. I'll try more wraps of tape and see of that takes care of it. Then I guess I'll have to take it to the dealer.