User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pull a 2019 2500RL with a 2012 F-150 XLT 5.0. I added towing mirrors and an extra leaf spring in the rear. We live in Colorado and go up through the Eisenhower tunnel on I-70 pretty regularly. While the 5.0 works a bit getting up, I never feel nervous coming down. I'm not trying to go 75 coming down though either. We also drove out to MN a couple weeks ago, and the crosswind in Nebraska killed our MPG, but aside from that, we didn't really have any issues at all. A tailwind would have been nice though

I think the biggest thing that would make me want to upgrade is the 8-speed tranny in the newer trucks.
    Last edited by jleger; 08-26-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had 3/4 tons for several decades. Dipped my toe in the 1/2 ton market in 2013 and found I was inventing new swear words. Went back to 3/4 ton in 2015. There is a heck of a lot more to a good tow vehicle than engine. I am sure the 150 EB the OP has will do the job ok. I wouldn't be comfortable with it, but that is me. I can buy a good 3/4 ton that exceeds any max whatever 1/2 ton in both payload and tow rating. And usually the 3/4 ton is cheaper to buy. I got my 2015 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 LT Z71, 9500 GVWR / 13,500 Tow rating, 20,500 GCWR, with snow plow prep package, gooseneck/5th prep package, and a Line-X job thrown in for out the door price of $38K. I have seen the 2020 Chevy 2500HD 6.6L gasser (401HP / 464 Torque) going for $40K out the door. I would bet a shrewd shopper could get a F-250 for similar pricing. That would sure eliminate any concern if they had enough pickup truck and even allow for future upgrade of trailer.
    Last edited by Copperhead; 08-27-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I finally got the F250 6.7 diesel and took our 2018 2670 MK out for a test drive loaded less food and clothes. I didn`t do anything except use what I had with the F150 same hitch pro series with sway bar . I did not put truck tires to maximum air pressure . What a difference I went up and down major hwys at different directions N,E.W,S reached speeds up to 70 mph and had no problem . I let tansports pass me and then i passed them with no issue or sway . The truck handled it like I thought it should it felt so much nicer than the F150 and comfortable . Mind you there was little wind. I am so glad I went this route I know it was the more expensive than beefing up the 150 but I am happy with my decision . Now looking forward to doing some major traveling . Now I really know what they mean buy you can never have too much truck . Just thought I would update. Thanks for all the input everyone had happy days and travel to all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenc1325 View Post
    Well I finally got the F250 6.7 diesel and took our 2018 2670 MK out for a test drive loaded less food and clothes. I didn`t do anything except use what I had with the F150 same hitch pro series with sway bar . I did not put truck tires to maximum air pressure . What a difference I went up and down major hwys at different directions N,E.W,S reached speeds up to 70 mph and had no problem . I let tansports pass me and then i passed them with no issue or sway . The truck handled it like I thought it should it felt so much nicer than the F150 and comfortable . Mind you there was little wind. I am so glad I went this route I know it was the more expensive than beefing up the 150 but I am happy with my decision . Now looking forward to doing some major traveling . Now I really know what they mean buy you can never have too much truck . Just thought I would update. Thanks for all the input everyone had happy days and travel to all.
    Congrats on the new truck. You should post a pic of the rig when you have a chance!
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456