User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a Pro Series wtd bars are 1000lbs total wt 10,000 lbs with a friction sway control bar . The truck has built in sway control.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This topic is discussed over and over with a lot of guys smarter and more experienced than me that provide their solutions. But I had a f150 to start with when towing the 2670mk. It was not enjoyable. I guess some have a higher tolerance for getting "nudged" by trucks and wind and barely making the numbers work. I went the f250 route and don't worry about all the work arounds and the towing experience is enjoyable. And don't worry about how much stuff can go in the truck or trailer. imo.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Put a diesel a half ton and I’ll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cardsrule View Post
    This topic is discussed over and over with a lot of guys smarter and more experienced than me that provide their solutions. But I had a f150 to start with when towing the 2670mk. It was not enjoyable. I guess some have a higher tolerance for getting "nudged" by trucks and wind and barely making the numbers work. I went the f250 route and don't worry about all the work arounds and the towing experience is enjoyable. And don't worry about how much stuff can go in the truck or trailer. imo.
    I am incline to agree you can do what you want to a 150 but you still have a 150 beefed up trying to be a 250 I think you just helped to make up my mind.
    Thank you

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post

Ford has a F150 with a 3.0 diesel now and it comes with a 36 gallon gas tank instead of 26 gallon.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenc1325 View Post
    I am incline to agree you can do what you want to a 150 but you still have a 150 beefed up trying to be a 250 I think you just helped to make up my mind.
    Thank you
    Agreed as I posted a few weeks ago before your trip. Safety of you and passengers is a critical factor as also is liability in the event of a major accident if your TV is towing significantly over its factory payload rating. I've never been in the auto insurance industry, however I think we all know claims adjusters strive to reduce payout losses. If they can prove negligence (even if unintentional), the claim on your and other's losses might well be denied. So I'll say again; "if in doubt - go bigger"...
    Current RV: 2017 GD Reflection 337RLS
    Former RVs: 2017 Lance 1685, 2017 Lance 1475, 2011 Lance 1685, 2010 Casita 17SD

Tow vehicle: 2014 Ford F150 S-Cab FX4 6.2L MaxTow (obviously, not for current RV)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Ford has a F150 with a 3.0 diesel now and it comes with a 36 gallon gas tank instead of 26 gallon.
    HDPP is not available with the diesel engine. The weight of the diesel power train takes away a lot of the payload. (just like it does on the bigger trucks). BTW . . . don’t confuse a diesel optimized for fuel economy with a diesel designed for towing . . . they are not the same thing. The diesel torque is not much different than that of the Ecoboost.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    HDPP is not available with the diesel engine. The weight of the diesel power train takes away a lot of the payload. (just like it does on the bigger trucks). BTW . . . don’t confuse a diesel optimized for fuel economy with a diesel designed for towing . . . they are not the same thing. The diesel torque is not much different than that of the Ecoboost.

Rob
    Plus if you want the max trailer tow package you still have to get the 3.5L Ecoboost.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Rob
    Perhaps more on topic, HDPP is only available in limited configs which likely won't be found in dealership stock. So, I just now "built" a 2019 F150 on the FoMoCo site. Starting with base truck and then by adding/deleting equipment such that HDPP was possible ended up being the long 156.8" wheelbase with certain popular options ordered by dealers for inventory (such as Sync3) not available. As "optioned" with 3.5EB, FX4 trim 4WD, HDPP, MaxTow and more resulted right at $50k MSRP. Highly doubtful anything like that is available except on a special order basis. Wouldn't be a problem for me since I did so with my 2014 F150, however most buyers select from available inventory. For $50k plus with OAL of the F150 with HDPP, I still suggest the F250 would be a better choice and value.
    Current RV: 2017 GD Reflection 337RLS
    Former RVs: 2017 Lance 1685, 2017 Lance 1475, 2011 Lance 1685, 2010 Casita 17SD

Tow vehicle: 2014 Ford F150 S-Cab FX4 6.2L MaxTow (obviously, not for current RV)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post

I have a Ram 1500 with the 3.0 EcoDiesel and I can tell you from experience there is a world of difference towing with the diesel vs. a gas engine. I towed with a Hemi and the diesel is a FAR better towing engine. First, nearly 50% better fuel mileage (10 mpg's for the Hemi, 14mpg's with the diesel towing a trailer 2000 pounds heavier), the diesel rarely downshifts going up hills and the engine brake maintains speeds downhill to the point that I seldom touch the brakes. The Hemi wouldn't do that no matter how low I shifted the tranny.

Today's 1/2 ton diesels put out the same HP and torque as a 6.7 Powerstroke from 10 to 12 years ago. And the slightly heavier diesel engine negligibly impacts payload capacity.

And my highway mileage unloaded is consistently 27 to 29 mpg.

Bob
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    Progressive Industries Hardwired EMS, RV Airflow, MicroAir EasyStart, MaxxAir Fan
    2021 Ram 1500 Bighorn EcoDiesel CC short bed
    Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast