User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think all the options were pretty well covered. Being full timers we are constantly in the middle of a trip. I have found that many campgrounds say no washing vehicles, I always respect that. One thing I will do is go ask the owner for a one time exception, pointing out it enhances the parks appearance having a shiny new fancy paint job on the site instead of a road weary, muddy, salty looking RV on the site. Mostly they are ok with a one time wash, their no washing rules are mostly established to keep the OCD'ers from washing their rigs every single day or the oil field workers from dumping a ton of mud on the site, stuff like that.

Mostly I wash my truck at wand type car washes. Other times washing is allowed. Other times there is a small fee to be allowed to wash. I use the aero-shell wash n wax system from time to time. And sometimes things just stay dirty for a while.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If need be a pressure washer for truck to get the bugs off - I never use the brush. I’m very OCD about my stuff. Always carry plenty of cleaning supplies for truck and RV. Before we stay anywhere I make sure washing is ok. If not we move on. I will pay the campground with never an argument. I fully understand the no wash policy because people would abuse it but I would think they would trucks and Rv’s clean on their property.
    Don
    Don & Gayle
    3 fur babies
    2016 solitude 375re
    2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW crew cab short bed LTZ Z71 Duramax
    Rear timbren suspension blocks
    PullRite super glide 24k auto-slide
    Morryde rubber pin box
    Sailun G637

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I either find a place that will hand wash it or do it myself at a self service car wash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy-b View Post
    Blue Beacon truck wash. They are all over the country. You can get your truck and trailer both done at the same time
    Ditto. When we went cross country a couple of years ago we stopped at a Blue Beacon about once a month. It was easy to find one near our route and they did a good job.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had some very strong storms with heavy rain in Akron, Ohio lately with small hail (that helps scrub the bugs off !)
    Hobo Bill
    From Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Traveling Full Time Across the US
    2019 Reflection 5th Wheel 337RLS
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Cummins 6.7 Turbo Diesel
    Goodrich T/A KO2 All Terrain Tires
    Reese RP30081 20K
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also like the Blue Beacon to get the truck and trailer together. The ones I have been to will rinse, but not wash the roof of the RV. That said, they still do a good job.

For just a light cleaning of the truck, i use Meguiar's waterless wash/wax: https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G362...s%2C138&sr=8-7
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blue Beacon.....all over the nation (get their app on your phone), spend less than you do at the quarter do-it-yourself washes and they're very fast. You can look at their brushes ahead of time....if you think the brushes are to dirty (i've never seen that) then just tell them you want the pressure wash only. $17 for just the truck.....about $65 for truck and Momentum.....and very fast. A whole crew of guys get on it.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    Blue Beacon.....all over the nation (get their app on your phone), spend less than you do at the quarter do-it-yourself washes and they're very fast. You can look at their brushes ahead of time....if you think the brushes are to dirty (i've never seen that) then just tell them you want the pressure wash only. $17 for just the truck.....about $65 for truck and Momentum.....and very fast. A whole crew of guys get on it.
    Any of you ever had any problems with your decals delaminating due to pressure washing at a Blue Beacon? I haven't tried it yet or even used my own pressure washer on the trailer, but from my personal experience on my prior truck camper, it doesn't take much to peel decals.
    Holger & Corinne
    Granite Bay, CA

2019 Solitude 310gk w/goosebox conversion
    towed by 2012 Ford F450 Lariat crew cab 4x4
    Bilstein shocks, Air-ride air bags
    2 independent on-board Viair compressors w/2.5 gal. air tank
    Boston Whaler 21' Outrage when not towing 5'er

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not any higher of pressure than a do it yourself car wash. We have been full time for a couple of years and I get the RV and truck hand washed and waxed two or three times a year. My decals look great and haven't peeled in the slightest and we are in the elements 365.

Just noticed you're from Granite Bay.....those triple digit temps will be the biggest killer of decals. We're originally from the Sacramento area (out by Arco Arena and the airport) so I know first hand what that summer temps and sun do to an RV.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info, JCZ! Using the pressure washer sure would make things easier.

As to the summer temps here in Granite Bay/Sacramento - yes, they are a real killer and can do a job on an RV or boat. Thankfully, I've got the elements dealt with.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2986.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	20703
    Holger & Corinne
    Granite Bay, CA

2019 Solitude 310gk w/goosebox conversion
    towed by 2012 Ford F450 Lariat crew cab 4x4
    Bilstein shocks, Air-ride air bags
    2 independent on-board Viair compressors w/2.5 gal. air tank
    Boston Whaler 21' Outrage when not towing 5'er