User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andersen or Reese Gooseneck do eliminate the issue of not latched and dropping on the truck. With my 2930RL it is my first experience with an Andersen Ultimate Hitch. I do have to raise the fifth wheel trailer higher to get over the ball, but I’m certain it is not going to pop out once it is lowered. It is also easy to see that the latch pin is in with the handle. As other have mentioned I do have to be careful of the cab in tight backing up situations, but love the lightweight, ease of removal to have my truck bed back, and good ride on the road.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by jim98166 View Post
    Really sorry to hear this. But seriously, this can't and doesn't happen with the andersen hitch. Sorry to beat a dead horse but I see these stories every day and wonder.....
    I pull a 311BHS with an F350 diesel and an andersen hitch. 6 months now and 1000's of miles. Its really worked well. I'm an engineer and unless the specs are wrong,
    this hitch more than does the job for my 14000 GVWR rig.

I love love Love my Anderson ultimate! No bucking, chucking or headaches! I can take it out or put it in by myself in 5 minutes, it only weighs around 50 pounds. I have had no issues at all with my short bed Ram 2500 pulling my 337rls thousands of miles so far.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It happens, almost happened to me in Moab, Utah, forgot to lock the hitch and pulled out about 15 feet when the little guy in my head started jumping up and down waving his arms saying STOP, check the 5th wheel lock, phew; he got a raise that day. Check the junk yards and parts places. My tailgate was stolen from a parking lot and I found a replacement for $500. It was probably my tailgate anyways but it dropped right in for the same price as my insurance deductible would've been and less hassle.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLight View Post
    Pullrite 18K autoslider

It wasn't a hitch issue, just my own brain #+&*;/

I only real issue we've had is the booth isn't very comfortable for lounging. We are looking for additional seating options. An ottoman, desk chair or even some kind of recliner would be great. We need to spend more time outside of the trailer!
    We also have the 273MK and really love it. Only a suggestion for your seating thoughts(everything has a $$). We replaced the dinette booth with the factory optional recliners. We eat in our recliners at our house anyway so why not? Also, we spent a couple of hundred dollars on a pretty good reclining, rolling desk chair for the desk area. We simply bungee cord the chair tight while travelling. Pulling the 273MK with an F350 must truly feel like "there is nothing back there"!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a video where the owner installed a 5th wheel tailgate and managed to use his back-up camera from his old tailgate for his new tailgate. It was an older truck and the camera was in the Ford emblem, much like the front camera is in my 2019. I'm not sure how to utilize the camera that is on newer trucks since it is integrated into the top of the tailgate, but it might be a consideration and a way to save your use of the back-up camera. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0nkXLHenIo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123