User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:

in 105F temps in Las Vegas, with one AC unit running we were able to get the trailer down to 76F. With both units runnjng, we were able to get down to 71 and could have gotten down lower. And with both units running the trailer cooled down much more quickly.

In in the past the lowest we could get the temps was 82F. Now the trailer is comfortable!
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue with the whistling vent, grab you a roll of adhesive foam gasket material from the hardware store and take the cover off and put it around the edge of the cover for a good seal between the cover and the ceiling.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rruiz785 View Post
    I had the same issue with the whistling vent, grab you a roll of adhesive foam gasket material from the hardware store and take the cover off and put it around the edge of the cover for a good seal between the cover and the ceiling.
    Great idea. Thanks!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Too bad I didn't see this before you started. While you had it apart you probably should grab a nut driver and snug down the retaining bolts on the A/C units. If someone is doing that poor a job with the vent tape then you may have A/C units that are loose. You will find out for sure come the first good rain storm. That's how I found my loose A/C unit. Which led to fixing the fallen separator board, which led to cleaning up the vent tape.
    I found out the hard way (of course)you only what to tighten the A/C bolts to 40 to 50 psi,if you tighten them too much with a nut driver or a socket set they will leak even more,because the foam ring between the a/c unit and the roof gets to tight and leaks.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wondered for over a month now what was going on with my AC. We have a 2019 31MB with only one AC. I was only getting partial cooling and mostly on the curb side of the rig. I poked around a little, but know absolutely nothing about AC.
    After seeing this post this is what I found

I could not believe there was absolutely NOTHING holding the baffle/divider in place. Nothing. No attempt had even been made to tape it in place. I don't even know why it was cooling at all
    Below is my fix, and it works MUCH better. Still waiting to see how long it takes to cool down.

THanks Lexx!!!!!
    Last edited by SGT ROC; 08-01-2019 at 12:26 PM.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! Here’s to cool summers in your future!

Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I wondered for over a month now what was going on with my AC. We have a 2019 31MB with only one AC. I was only getting partial cooling and mostly on the curb side of the rig. I poked around a little, but know absolutely nothing about AC.
    After seeing this post this is what I found

I could not believe there was absolutely NOTHING holding the baffle/divider in place. Nothing. No attempt had even been made to tape it in place. I don't even know why it was cooling at all
    Below is my fix, and it works MUCH better. Still waiting to see how long it takes to cool down.

THanks Lexx!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got up on the roof last week and used 1 can of coil cleaner on each AC. So full of Cottonwood fuzz, I was able to pull it off like i was pulling off a 18in wad of cotton.
    Patrick & Marla with Boomer and Sooner

2007 Chev 2500 Allison Duramax
    2014 Solitude 368RD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wash the filters clean. Much easier than trying to vacuum them. Just slap them a few times on a dry towel after washing and they are ready to reinstall.

The last time I cleaned the filters I removed the center cover that allows air to be dirvirted straight down and (after checking the supply ducts were taped ok - they were), I sealed off the whole output plenum area. So now I can dump air straight down but I know that all the supply air (output plenum) air goes in the ducts. I really can't tell any cooling difference. I was hoping the units would be a bit quieter but they weren't.

A few weeks ago I went on the roof and removed the AC covers to clean the grill. I had been in way too many Cottonwood trees for a few weeks and had a bunch of fuzzy stuff in the fins. I found cutting down a real cheap 2" paint brush to make the bristles shorter (and thus a bit stiffer) worked well. I used a vacuum too and they came clean real easy.

Maintenance - maintenance - maintenance. It just never ends.....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12