User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I have replaced the inside speakers for a slightly better sound. Went we these (JBL GTO629 ) for the inside and it did improve things for sure. Better base now and highs are cleaner.
    Now I have to figure out the size of the outside speakers. Does anybody know that answer ?
    2019 2670MK.
    Thanks
    JimT

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious to know how you get your television to play over your stereo? I used the stereo for the TV in my old Jayco but can't get the one in my 2670MK to play through the stereo unless we are playing a movie through the system. Anyone have ideas about how to get the regular television to play through the stereo?
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to run RCA cables from the TV out put to the stereo input to get mine to play like that. I used the AUX input number 2 . If you play a DVD through the stereo it will work because it is already cabled up to play the out put from the stereo to the TV. I can't speak for other models but that is how our 2019 2670MK was set up and how I fixed it. I've also added a Roku and Yamaha sound bar to our tv. The surround sound 3d stereo sounds great through the sound bar. Over the air tv is through the campers stereo system.
    Enjoy that new camper.
    JimT

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea only 2 in and 2 out, and not very good but better than the speakers in the disappearing TV in 2670MK. I connected the audio out from TX to external In on RX and sound from TV is much better.
    Tim in NC

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tim-o-w4yn View Post
    Yea only 2 in and 2 out, and not very good but better than the speakers in the disappearing TV in 2670MK. I connected the audio out from TX to external In on RX and sound from TV is much better.
    Tim in NC
    Yes and the good thing is , it is simple to do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScopesNC View Post
    OK I have replaced the inside speakers for a slightly better sound. Went we these (JBL GTO629 ) for the inside and it did improve things for sure. Better base now and highs are cleaner.
    Now I have to figure out the size of the outside speakers. Does anybody know that answer ?
    2019 2670MK.
    Thanks
    JimT
    These are the speakers that my 2670MK has on the outside https://www.amazon.com/Marine-Gloss-...7-85eafd38d3b4 Mine have already gone out once and replaced under warranty. If they go out again I am going to put these in the slideout behind the TV https://www.amazon.com/Kicker-41KM60...7-85eafd38d3b4 I don't like where they put the speakers on each side of the door because you can't hear them if you are sitting back by the outside kitchen.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Kicker makes some nice speakers . Good choice for sure. I wonder if you could get a set in the 5 1/2 range size and just put them in the case that the originals come in. One wouldn't need to drill any extra size hole in the wall except for where you add the additional speaker in that outside cooking area. My next question would be, WHY THE HECK DIDN'T THEY DO THAT AT GD from the start? One by the door and one back in the cooking area. How hard could it be? LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScopesNC View Post
    Yeah Kicker makes some nice speakers . Good choice for sure. I wonder if you could get a set in the 5 1/2 range size and just put them in the case that the originals come in. One wouldn't need to drill any extra size hole in the wall except for where you add the additional speaker in that outside cooking area. My next question would be, WHY THE HECK DIDN'T THEY DO THAT AT GD from the start? One by the door and one back in the cooking area. How hard could it be? LOL
    I don't remember the size of the speakers in the black case, but they are really small. I don't think 5 1/2" speakers would fit in them. You would need to remove them and measure to be sure.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you ScopesNC for describing how you connected your TV to the sound system. I did the same! It was a challenge getting everything plugged in. I used my phone to take pictures of the plugs on the side of the TV and the back of the sound system so that I could figure out where to plug things without seeing. It sounds so much better using the speakers instead of the TV sound.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sj1320 View Post
    Thank you ScopesNC for describing how you connected your TV to the sound system. I did the same! It was a challenge getting everything plugged in. I used my phone to take pictures of the plugs on the side of the TV and the back of the sound system so that I could figure out where to plug things without seeing. It sounds so much better using the speakers instead of the TV sound.
    I'm glad it was helpful. I used a small mirror to do mine. Your idea of using a phone is a great idea. Will make it even easier. If there is such a thing. Tricky getting things plugged in back there. Your at such an odd angle and all. Still it gets done. I think after the first cable gets plugged in the others go easy. It makes it all worth it though.
    Jim T.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12