User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    funinthesnow
    We had an appointment with Windish RV tomorrow to fix the big list. It has grown more now. There seems to be some sort of electrical problem and the heater vent in the bathroom is not connected at all. My husband tried to replace the fuse in the converter (per JD's advise) and found the duct to the bathroom just laying there?????? Really! Well the fuse is not the issue and in the middle of putting the jacks down in the front the fuse blows in the jacks!!!!! So it was dark and we were very frustrated. Chad had to do the rest by hand. Deep breaths........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD does random inspections not every unit. The selling dealer is responsible for finding things that are or could be a problem when they do their PDI which is Pre Deliver Inspection. I personally feel like GD needs to take better control of what the workers are doing. If Toyota was in the business of building campers there would be NO problems but they would also cost more.
    2014 Ram 2500 W / 6.7L diesel
    2014 303 RLS

KathyH
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehead View Post
    GD does random inspections not every unit. The selling dealer is responsible for finding things that are or could be a problem when they do their PDI whis Pre Deliver Inspection. I personally feel like GD needs to take better control of what the workers are doing. If Toyota was in the business of building campers there would be NO problems but they would also cost more also.
    I couldn't agree with you more, Eaglehead! There should be quality inspections on every unit prior to leaving the Grand Design plant. We had a list of problems too upon delivery. This was only our second new RV purchase so I have to admit I put the blame on Grand Design for the things that were wrong and I probably let my dealer off easy for not noticing the issues. There's nothing more disappointing than going to pick up your new RV and having to leave it at the dealer because there's things wrong with it. I spoke with Jim McCarthy at Grand Design and he was very understanding about my issues and very apologetic. He made me feel a lot better about my decision to purchase from Grand Design. Unfortunately, after one camping trip we noticed our kitchen slide is not functioning properly so we are gonna have to take it back to the dealer for repair!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tammy & Chad,
    I would love to hear about your experience at Windish. It seems like there is no good medium-end RV out there right now, but GC at least responds to problems. Since I know there are going to be problems, I'd like to know how my dealer (assuming I go local, which means Windish) will handle it.

Thanks!
    Ussuri Bruin (and his owners)
    2014 Ram Laramie Mega Cab 3500 DRW
    24K Pull-Rite SuperGlide Hitch
    2015 Momentum 380TH

funinthesnow
    We have not heard one word from Windish since we dropped off our Fifth wheel. They are the only GD seller in Colorado. :-( I'm planning on calling them today to see if any of the work has been started or if they at least ordered parts. I will say the sales team at Windish is very good. Talk with Missy she is very nice and knows her stuff. I would wait till they have another blow out sale because you can get some screaming deals. We went to the big one in Denver at Mile High and got ours.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your experience with Windish sounds very similar to ours with Lazy Days in Tucson. Grand Design's customer support is great when you call them, but some of their dealerships leave a lot to be desired. We have another lengthy checklist of problems with our 337 after our four day trip last weekend. We're going to try and take it back to the dealer soon, but I'm not holding my breath that the service will be any better than we experienced in the past.

colorado dave
    I have recently purchased a solitude from windish rv and have not yet needed there service department. (yet) But know the day is coming. Could you let me know how your experience goes with your repairs. Your right about the sales department.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might suggest you try Windish in Longmont. I only dealt with them once, but the experience was far better than the Lakewood location. Longmont is easier to get in and out of, not as crowded and I think they have more time to pay attention to the details. i had a leading Propane regulator/tank switch valve and they took it in right away and fixed it while we went to lunch. We were on our way out of town. Granted Longmont is closer to me than Lakewood, but if I HAVE to deal with Windish service again, it will be in Longmont. I refuse to ever go back to Lakewood for any kind of service. As you have said the sales experience was a good one. After that, not so much.
    George and Connie
    Commerce City, CO
    Webpilot
    Solitude 380FL
    2014 Ram 3500 Dually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

funinthesnow
    Well I called them yesterday and talked with some guy in service. He said him or Will would call me back. Guess what? Did not get a call back. Called again today and they told me, "The service dept is too busy right now to talk!" What!!!!!!! Asked to speak with our sales person and she no longer works there. So I guess I have to keep calling until they are not busy and can talk to me. Nice

funinthesnow
    Well it's been a month and we have not heard anything. I called to day and Will said he would check on it and call me back in 10 min. Waiting................getting really frustrated...............

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast