User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    funinthesnow

Unhappy Our list of problems is growing! :-(

First let me start our by saying we still love our Reflection, but our list is growing and some of the things are not small.

1. Awning is coming off and taking the stripes with it.
    2. Front cap is marked with all these black streaks????? Will not come off when we wash it.????
    3. Strange lump in the floor in front of the entertainment center?????
    4. the battery disconnect does not work.
    5. the converter does not work. Will not recharge our batteries when connected to our generator???? It's not the batteries we charged them with our battery charger when we got home.
    6. Shower leaks!!!! BAD!!!!!
    7. Stripes peeling off on one side!!!!!
    8. Hutch in kitchen has bubbles in it!
    9. Refrigerator is installed with stripped screws and when we go down the road it keeps falling out!!!!!!

Not to mention that three vents for the AC did not work when we took delivery of it.

I can not help but feel like our trailer was not gone over before it was delivered to the dealer. They talk about how each trailer is looked at and that they make sure everything works before it leaves the factory. So what happened to ours? Just frustrated that our brand new trailer has all these issues. Has anyone else had these problems?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tammy & Chad

Yes, working out the bugs in a new one can be frustrating. I expected some with my new 337, but have had more than I wanted.
    (That's why I have always been reluctant to buy a new one - Except in this case, we liked the Reflection so much.)

The awning problem has been experienced by many. GD has a fix for that.
    A shower leak, also, has been reported by many. Caulking around the bottom is apparently the problem.

The others are a bit unusual and more disconcerting. I have not seen a lot (or any) discussion on most of those.
    And I think I have been through all the threads on this forum in the last 6 weeks.

Hang in there. We like ours so much, that we, too, are remaining optimistic that the dealer can correct the problems.
    I haven't had to resort to contacting GD directly yet, so I'm looking forward to that great customer focus everyone talks
    about if I don't get satisfaction from my dealer.

Our salesman told us that they have fewer problems with GD than any other manufacturer. I've read that elsewhere also.
    I have, however, noted that when I have been back to my dealer, they seem to have many more new GD's than other brands
    in for repair work. We'll keep plugging away at the list.
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only address a couple of the items on your list
    1. Awning is coming off and taking the stripes with it. Is your awning installed with rivets or screws? Ours was pulling away and was installed with screws. GD uses Molly ? rivets to install now. Ours was repaired by GD with the rivets. We'll see how the fix works in a couple days, It's going on a long trip
    2. Front cap is marked with all these black streaks????? Will not come off when we wash it.???? Try the wash wax all degreaser, takes all those marks away.

I hope your dealer can remedy all of this to your satisfaction. You can always call GD with your concerns as well.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear about your issues. I also have my own set of problems that I am pursuing with GD and the dealer. The only dealer in Ontario is 200km away so I will be bringing it in after my final trip in October. Needless to say I am very disappointed with my purchase. These trailers should not have these problems. I have lumps in my flooring and various stripped screws including the awning. 2 pieced of trim have fallen off and my grey tank for the kitchen leaks. The entry door and frame needs to be replaced. The pantry door also needs to be replaced as the screws from the striker plate have rubbed right through the finish. The biggest issue is that it looks like the dining slide needs adjusting as it is rubbing on the floor which has caused a small hole and some shiny spots in the finish. Good luck with your problems.

I have tried the black streak remover but it doesn't work very good. I am looking for something that works better that won't damage the finish.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500

funinthesnow
    Thank you for the ideas. I will try the was wax degreaser and see if that works.

pwrplay
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliwalnutz View Post
    Sorry to hear about your issues. I also have my own set of problems that I am pursuing with GD and the dealer. The only dealer in Ontario is 200km away so I will be bringing it in after my final trip in October. Needless to say I am very disappointed with my purchase. These trailers should not have these problems. I have lumps in my flooring and various stripped screws including the awning. 2 pieced of trim have fallen off and my grey tank for the kitchen leaks. The entry door and frame needs to be replaced. The pantry door also needs to be replaced as the screws from the striker plate have rubbed right through the finish. The biggest issue is that it looks like the dining slide needs adjusting as it is rubbing on the floor which has caused a small hole and some shiny spots in the finish. Good luck with your problems.

I have tried the black streak remover but it doesn't work very good. I am looking for something that works better that won't damage the finish.
    I hear your pain as well. We are 2 1/2 hours away from the dealer in Ontario and we have an issue that needs resolving just so we can use the trailer without hookups coming up in October. Our water pump is sucking air from somewhere and won't shut off properly. Every tap sputters with air in it. The rest of the issues are cosmetic or not urgent, but annoying to say the least considering what we paid for this trailer.

I must say though Grand Design Service has been very good at accommodating us by letting me find a service facility nearby that they would work with to resolve our issues. The trailer is there now at a local RV repair shop getting looked at , so we'll see how the whole process goes. Im optimistic things will get resolved as I've heard nothing but good things about their service.

As for the trailer quality, I don't "see" much difference in overall quality between this trailer and our last which was a Coachman Freedom Express TT, but I'm hoping that the quality in the GD trailers are in what we "don't see".

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrplay View Post
    I'm hoping that the quality in the GD trailers are in what we "don't see".

That statement alone is worth it's weight in gold.....

That Freedom Express is a Yugo in a world full of Cadillac's here.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

pwrplay
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    That statement alone is worth it's weight in gold.....

That Freedom Express is a Yugo in a world full of Cadillac's here.
    LoL. Not quite, more like a Chevy in a world of Cadillac's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design repaired ALL of our defects and even added additional items for us when they had it in Elkhart.

We had a lot of problems with our Solitude; however, we had even many more with our Forest River Cedar Creek. We just cambs back from the Grand Design Rally and they know about their QA issues and are working on it so hopefully it will improve.

The only advice I can give you is to give Grand Design a call and if you feel you are still not getting your defects resolved, send a PM to a Bill Fenech, a co-owner. From Personal experience, the Grand Design Owners really care and will take car of all of your defects whether it is through a local RV repair facility or at their own warranty repair facilities in Elkhart.
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrplay View Post
    I must say though Grand Design Service has been very good at accommodating us by letting me find a service facility nearby that they would work with to resolve our issues. The trailer is there now at a local RV repair shop getting looked at , so we'll see how the whole process goes. Im optimistic things will get resolved as I've heard nothing but good things about their service.
    Do you have an update on the service work...I'd be interested to know where you had it worked on as we 'round the corner.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast