User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding water to tank from water jug?

I’m out on the road with my new Reflection 230rl and looking forward to doing some dry camping but have run into a couple of snags. The 1st is the water sloshing out the vent tube to the extent that after a few hours driving the tank then reads 1/3. I have put a ball valve on the end of the vent tube that I have been closing while underway. Not a great solution but that’s what I’ve got so far.

The other snag is that I don’t have a gravity fill for water. I’m wondering if I ran a short hose into a water jug, set the dial for “sanitize” and ran the pump to pull the water in to the tank, wouldn’t that basically fill the tank? Thanks for any input.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
    The other snag is that I don’t have a gravity fill for water. I’m wondering if I ran a short hose into a water jug, set the dial for “sanitize” and ran the pump to pull the water in to the tank, wouldn’t that basically fill the tank? Thanks for any input.
    Should work, I've used ~5' hose to do that from jugs of water with the Kantleak system.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...m-(Unofficial)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sanatize - Nautilus.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	20626
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m out on the road with my new Reflection 230rl and looking forward to doing some dry camping but have run into a couple of snags. The 1st is the water sloshing out the vent tube to the extent that after a few hours driving the tank then reads 1/3. I have put a ball valve on the end of the vent tube that I have been closing while underway. Not a great solution but that’s what I’ve got so far.

Yes, that works. We've used a 5 gallon water bottle to do just that.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did it a bunch last week, for the same reasons. Brand new 273MK
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a 12 volt "diesel" pump we got off Amazon to fill ours from Aquatainers that I leave in the truck. Works well and will drain a jug in a couple of minutes.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Nautilus panel , if you have that , has a power fill tank setting. The onboard pump may not draw water from the ground up , you may have get your jug level with the pump or above.

Brian

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    The Nautilus panel , if you have that , has a power fill tank setting. The onboard pump may not draw water from the ground up , you may have get your jug level with the pump or above.

Brian
    The power fill setting does not use the pump, it is for a pressurized water supply such as a garden hose.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190610-071534_Drive.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	20627

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep you are right , used the wrong term, the syphon setting for filling the tank is what I meant.

Brian

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water sloshing out?? So you filled your fresh water tank and while driving down the road 2/3 of the water sloshed out? Anyone else run into this same issue? Where did you install the ball valve?
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    Water sloshing out?? So you filled your fresh water tank and while driving down the road 2/3 of the water sloshed out? Anyone else run into this same issue? Where did you install the ball valve?
    I'll post a reminder here that the sensors on the water tanks are notorious for false readings. Yes, water will slosh out of an overflow during travel. But, IMO, I don't think 2/3 of a tank would slosh out.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast