User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcdiesel View Post
    Interestingly enough, on the topic of chucking, I recently learned another factor that can affect it. Coming home on Monday from holidays I had an excessive amount of chucking on a roadway that I never experienced it on before. It was so bad even my son was asking me why the truck was bouncing back and forth so much. Upon arriving home I found I had a bolt in my back right tire. Should have been 80psi, only had 40psi left. Seems tire pressure can play a role in chucking.
    Cannot say enough good things about the virtues of a TPMS.....
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Funny the topic of 3/4 tons and payload... my buddies beautiful GMC All-terrain Crew Cab L5P Diesel looks super tough but when you open the door...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27D8C834-4F35-4B45-8234-16D519C3C23D.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	22390

Only good for towing travel trailers... just goes to show you, check the sticker first before you fall in love with the truck. That thing doesn’t have that much more payload than a Ford F-150.

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    Cannot say enough good things about the virtues of a TPMS.....
    I do have TPMS... but in the 1 tons its a monitor only with no alarms. I have to scroll to the TPMS screen to view the tire pressures (and I never really view that screen... stays on digital speed instead) . In the 3/4 tons and below its mandatory alarms, but not the 1 tons. I have to be more vigilant about my walk arounds when hooked up... I would have seen that low squishy tire.
    Trailer: 2019 Solitude S-Class 3740BH
    Old trailer: 2016 Outdoors RV Creekside 27DBHS (Sold)
    Old trailer: 2010 Heartland Sundance 3300RLB (always leaked, then rotted! Layout was good, but build was junk.)
    Old trailer: 1992 Prowler 5th 27.5N

Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie Aisin
    Old truck: 2012 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie 68RFE
    Old truck: 2003 Ram 3500 Cummins QuadCab 4x4 SRW Laramie 6spd

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you guys talk about chucking is it the same as porpoising?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I would describe chucking is that it feels very much like braking on warped rotors. Passengers feel back and forth movement parallel to the road. Porpoising would be more up and down or perpendicular to the road.
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2018 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab Standard Bed Duramax
    B&W Companion Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saguido View Post
    The way I would describe chucking is that it feels very much like braking on warped rotors. Passengers feel back and forth movement parallel to the road. Porpoising would be more up and down or perpendicular to the road.
    Ah OK. I was thinking about when I was test driving trucks, 3/4 and 1 ton Fords, the long wheelbase crew cab was smooth on the inner city freeways while the shorter trucks, including the extended cab, would bounce, or porpoise on the concrete freeways. I do know that Air Safe makes products to address the back and forth movement on trailers and fifth wheels. But if you think it is originating from the transmission or TC better to fully investigate that first

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456