User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Thanks for your service, Dale!
    My son in law just completed warrant officer training and is now attending helicopter flight school at Ft. Rucker. Pretty proud to have such a fine young man in our family.

I also run the GY's at 80 psi but I need to with the 315. I notice a better ride over rough pavement with the GY's.
    Tell him thanks for his service. He should like Rucker, I loved it down there. I served there twice, once in 1984 while attending flight school and then in the late 80's to 91 where I was the Standardization Instructor Pilot for FLATIRON the MEDEVAC unit for Ft. Rucker. I left there for Germany then straight to Desert Storm. I had it a little easier than he has because I did not have to attend the WOC training since I was a senior First Lieutenant when I went through flight school so I was able to enjoy myself a little more while I was there. My dad attended the Warrant Officer flight training in the 50's and ended up as an acceptance test pilot for the Army at Bell Helicopter in TX.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Yes, Thank you for your service! I also run mine at max 80 psi.
    Thanks, I appreciate it. Also, thanks for the information on the tires.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a surprise when I took the tires off this morning. The left front tire had a cut in the sidewall, probably from road debris. The left rear tire had its inside tread almost worn off. I talked to the dealership and he thinks I probably hit a pothole or road debris and bent the spindle. Couldn't have been the huge potholes going through Indianapolis last year that could swallow a VW Bettle. So the trailer is going in next week so they can figure out why the tire is wearing and check the alignment while it is there. Good thing I decided to replace my Westlakes with Goodyears before we went out again. The trailer has right at 9700 miles on it, I thought it was 5000 but my truck says 9700, and the other three tires still look almost new. Between the camper being delivered with two tires aired up to only 40PSI, the cut sidewall, and the worn out tire from spindle/axle damage I am really glad I decided to replace the tires. Another thing I found out doing this is that the two nuts that hold the spare on were torqued down so tight that it balled up the threads and locked up the nut. I had to get out the big breaker bar to break the bolts so I could get the spare off. That would have been nice to discover on the side of the road when I needed to get the spare tire off.

Dale
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tires.jpg   Tires2.jpg  
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also changed from Westlake to GY Endurance two days go. The GY technician asked me what PSI trailer is recommending and since they are the same size I should keep it the same which is 80.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papahoosh View Post
    I also changed from Westlake to GY Endurance two days go. The GY technician asked me what PSI trailer is recommending and since they are the same size I should keep it the same which is 80.
    Thanks, that is pretty much what I figured. I just wanted to hear from others to make sure I was doing it right.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    I had a surprise when I took the tires off this morning. The left front tire had a cut in the sidewall, probably from road debris. The left rear tire had its inside tread almost worn off. I talked to the dealership and he thinks I probably hit a pothole or road debris and bent the spindle. Couldn't have been the huge potholes going through Indianapolis last year that could swallow a VW Bettle. So the trailer is going in next week so they can figure out why the tire is wearing and check the alignment while it is there. Good thing I decided to replace my Westlakes with Goodyears before we went out again. The trailer has right at 9700 miles on it, I thought it was 5000 but my truck says 9700, and the other three tires still look almost new. Between the camper being delivered with two tires aired up to only 40PSI, the cut sidewall, and the worn out tire from spindle/axle damage I am really glad I decided to replace the tires. Another thing I found out doing this is that the two nuts that hold the spare on were torqued down so tight that it balled up the threads and locked up the nut. I had to get out the big breaker bar to break the bolts so I could get the spare off. That would have been nice to discover on the side of the road when I needed to get the spare tire off.

Dale
    A couple thoughts Dale,

I don’t know if there are any RV dealerships that can properly diagnose and repair/correct a bent axle or alignment issue. Your dealership may have an outside shop do it (I hope so). Truck/trailer shops can generally do it, but look for one with an”Hunter Laser Alignment” machine. I don’t know all the details, but that is what’s recommended. There should be some threads on here regarding axle issues if you use the search button.

Also, if you continue to have wear on one tire, it’s okay to rotate your tires yearly to avoid one dying early. I also have mine balanced when replaced. Hopefully they correct it. No reason they can’t.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    A couple thoughts Dale,

I don’t know if there are any RV dealerships that can properly diagnose and repair/correct a bent axle or alignment issue. Your dealership may have an outside shop do it (I hope so). Truck/trailer shops can generally do it, but look for one with an”Hunter Laser Alignment” machine. I don’t know all the details, but that is what’s recommended. There should be some threads on here regarding axle issues if you use the search button.

Also, if you continue to have wear on one tire, it’s okay to rotate your tires yearly to avoid one dying early. I also have mine balanced when replaced. Hopefully they correct it. No reason they can’t.
    Thanks for the information on the alignment machine. When I asked the service manager he said they did alignments but I didn't ask for details. I will find out when I take it there. I am hoping it is simple like a bent spindle. That would make sense considering some of the hard hits the poor roads gave us last year. I laid under it with the tires off and you can definitely see the left rear drum leans in at the top compared to the other three.

I always have my trailer tires balanced. Even my 5x9 that I haul my motorcycle on. The tire place looks at me like I am crazy when I tell them to balance trailer tires. Thanks for the information about rotating them but as fast as it wore out that tire there is something major out of wack that needs corrected. Hopefully the dealership will have good news next week and it is an easy fix.

Thanks again,
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Yep, same pressure as long as the replacement tires are the same size and load range.......nothing different to worry about.
    X2

If moving to a higher load rating, you could then use the inflation tables. Otherwise if the same rated tire is being used, its best to use the recommended tire pressures listed on the label on the RV.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    X2

If moving to a higher load rating, you could then use the inflation tables. Otherwise if the same rated tire is being used, its best to use the recommended tire pressures listed on the label on the RV.
    Thanks, that was my line of thinking. I just wanted to hear it from others that have done this.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    Thanks, that was my line of thinking. I just wanted to hear it from others that have done this.

Dale
    Dale G,

For an interesting twist. I installed E rated LT tires on my half ton truck and have been working up the best tire pressure based on load, handling and comfort. I air my truck tires to 42 psi cold whether loaded with the Imagine or empty. The truck performs great with the upgrade under all conditions. Under load the pressure will increase by 6 psi (both front and back) and the temperature at 10 deg above ambient.

For my Imagine, I moved from a D rated tire to an E rated tire and use the same 65 psi that was listed on the label on the trailer at 65psi. This pressure gives me 400lbs additional load capacity (higher safety factor) per tire and my suspension is not being punished.

For the future, you have these options to move up to a heavier constructed tire if you ever decide to do so.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast