User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mestubbe View Post
    Swapped all five for Endurances three weeks after we bought the 337RLS.

Navy, I miss the open ocean, don't miss the ships!
    I am glad I finally switched out my tires before we had an incident with them.

Unless you are a great swimmer wouldn't you kind of need the ship to be on the open ocean?
    I miss the Army as well but not the dirt and very big bugs that for some reason always found my boots.
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    I have decided to replace the Westlakes that came on my Imagine 2670MK with the Goodyear Endurance. When I got the trailer the two tires on the left were at only 40PSI and the lug nuts were loose enough that my impact gun took them off with an easy spin. The right side was at the recommended 80PSI and were torqued to the recommended 100ft/lbs. That means that two of my tires were towed from Elkhart to Southeast Missouri with only half of the recommended pressure at who knows what speeds by We-R-Bubbas Transportation Company. So after worrying about it for 5000 miles of towing I decided to just get rid of them and get a complete set that I know will be good quality and have been treated properly and not abused.

This is my line of thinking with the inflation pressure. I know Goodyear has a recommended inflation chart for these tires but the sticker on my camper recommends inflating the Westlake tires to 80PSI which gives 2830lbs per tire. The Goodyear Endurance tires are rated at 2830lbs at 80PSI, same as the Westlakes. So based on the recommended pressure for my camper I should run the Goodyear tires at 80PSI as well. Both tires are E rated.

If this line of thinking is wrong let me know. It looks like this is an actual apples to apples switch.

Dale
    You should run the max the tire is rated for. That being said, if you go to a higher load rated tire which has a higher inflation pressure you might need to get wheels rated for the pressure or at least get metal valve stems. The stick on the trailer is only for the tire/wheel combo that came with the unit. IE I just bought tires rated for 110psi and I had to buy new wheels, which I wanted to anyway and I have metal valve stems which the 80psi tires and wheels had rubber.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of this information on tires. I am also getting Goodyear’s this week. BUT I have a different situation in that I have 16” wheels from the factory not the standard 15’s. My label states for standard 15” wheels.
    Since my 27RL max weight is 9995, should I still run at the max pressure of 80?
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy, im also a retired scout pilot OH58D. Retired in 97. Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to butt in to your post but I am having Goodyear endurance put on my TT as well it has 205s on it but the sales guy says he would put 225 given it has 10 ply instead of 8 ply does this sound right ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastinAmerica View Post
    Thanks for all of this information on tires. I am also getting Goodyear’s this week. BUT I have a different situation in that I have 16” wheels from the factory not the standard 15’s. My label states for standard 15” wheels.
    Since my 27RL max weight is 9995, should I still run at the max pressure of 80?
    I would call Goodyear and see what they recommend. I have learned a lot about size versus weight ratings at different pressures after upgrading my tow vehicles tires from "P" rated stock tires to LT E rated 10 ply tires. So you having 16" tires instead of the stock 15" tires that are listed on the tag will require a different pressure to meet the same weight carry capabilities of the 15" tire. I would image you will need less air to achieve the same weights but I would call and make sure.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Howdy, im also a retired scout pilot OH58D. Retired in 97. Cheers
    Glad to hear from you. I only got to fly the A and C models, never had the opportunity to fly the D model. Nice aircraft though. I actually went through the Scout Track in flight school. We sure thought we were hot sh*t back then. Where did you serve as a scout pilot. I was with Delta Troop 1/10 Cav at Ft. Carson. After serving as a scout/weapons team leader I ended up commanding the Lift and Blues Platoons before I branched transferred to the Medical Service Corps and finished my career flying MEDEVAC.

Take care and thanks for your service,

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaWells View Post
    Not to butt in to your post but I am having Goodyear endurance put on my TT as well it has 205s on it but the sales guy says he would put 225 given it has 10 ply instead of 8 ply does this sound right ?
    I am no tire expert but I would stick with the stock size unless you are wanting to upgrade to a 10 ply and the 10 ply is not offered in the 205. I know my Jayco had 205/75R14 on it and the worst part was they were limited to 65MPH. I had thought about upgrading those tires to a bigger size so they would have a higher speed rating but I sold the camper before it needed tires.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaWells View Post
    That’s why our tire guy told us to go to the 225 because of speed rating and the 10 ply
    That sounds like good advice then. You will probably be able to run them at a lower pressure as well. I would call Goodyear and see what pressure they would recommend in order to acheive the weight of your stock tires.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    I am no tire expert but I would stick with the stock size unless you are wanting to upgrade to a 10 ply and the 10 ply is not offered in the 205. I know my Jayco had 205/75R14 on it and the worst part was they were limited to 65MPH. I had thought about upgrading those tires to a bigger size so they would have a higher speed rating but I sold the camper before it needed tires.

Dale
    That’s why our tire guy said to go with the 225 he said it was only an inch difference

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast