User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodyear Endurance tire pressure

I have decided to replace the Westlakes that came on my Imagine 2670MK with the Goodyear Endurance. When I got the trailer the two tires on the left were at only 40PSI and the lug nuts were loose enough that my impact gun took them off with an easy spin. The right side was at the recommended 80PSI and were torqued to the recommended 100ft/lbs. That means that two of my tires were towed from Elkhart to Southeast Missouri with only half of the recommended pressure at who knows what speeds by We-R-Bubbas Transportation Company. So after worrying about it for 5000 miles of towing I decided to just get rid of them and get a complete set that I know will be good quality and have been treated properly and not abused.

This is my line of thinking with the inflation pressure. I know Goodyear has a recommended inflation chart for these tires but the sticker on my camper recommends inflating the Westlake tires to 80PSI which gives 2830lbs per tire. The Goodyear Endurance tires are rated at 2830lbs at 80PSI, same as the Westlakes. So based on the recommended pressure for my camper I should run the Goodyear tires at 80PSI as well. Both tires are E rated.

If this line of thinking is wrong let me know. It looks like this is an actual apples to apples switch.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I feel your correct this is an apple to apple switch. I followed the sticker on our trailer for E rated tires at 80psi. Also Thank You for your military service.
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 checkmate View Post
    Hi. I feel your correct this is an apple to apple switch. I followed the sticker on our trailer for E rated tires at 80psi. Also Thank You for your military service.
    Not a problem, I appreciate the information. Even though I have been retired from the Army since 1994 I still find myself missing it.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Goodyear Endurance tire pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    I have decided to replace the Westlakes that came on my Imagine 2670MK with the Goodyear Endurance. When I got the trailer the two tires on the left were at only 40PSI and the lug nuts were loose enough that my impact gun took them off with an easy spin. The right side was at the recommended 80PSI and were torqued to the recommended 100ft/lbs. That means that two of my tires were towed from Elkhart to Southeast Missouri with only half of the recommended pressure at who knows what speeds by We-R-Bubbas Transportation Company. So after worrying about it for 5000 miles of towing I decided to just get rid of them and get a complete set that I know will be good quality and have been treated properly and not abused.

This is my line of thinking with the inflation pressure. I know Goodyear has a recommended inflation chart for these tires but the sticker on my camper recommends inflating the Westlake tires to 80PSI which gives 2830lbs per tire. The Goodyear Endurance tires are rated at 2830lbs at 80PSI, same as the Westlakes. So based on the recommended pressure for my camper I should run the Goodyear tires at 80PSI as well. Both tires are E rated.

If this line of thinking is wrong let me know. It looks like this is an actual apples to apples switch.

Dale
    I made the same swap and check mine before each trip and they’re always between 75 and 80 psi. I’m not Going to get out the compressor for 5 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 06-10-2019 at 09:14 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, same pressure as long as the replacement tires are the same size and load range.......nothing different to worry about.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a problem, I appreciate the information. Even though I have been retired from the Army since 1994 I still find myself missing it.
    Dale
    We run Max PSI -1 in our GY Endurance, eliminated "truck suck." Same Max on tires and trailer placard.

Went thru Rucker in 1980. Retired in 2014. Miss the fine folks I served with and the aircraft. Flew UH-1H, OH58A, AH-1, RC12, and DHC 7.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    We run Max PSI -1 in our GY Endurance, eliminated "truck suck." Same Max on tires and trailer placard.

Went thru Rucker in 1980. Retired in 2014. Miss the fine folks I served with and the aircraft. Flew UH-1H, OH58A, AH-1, RC12, and DHC 7.
    I have read where a lot of people said the Endurance tires helped with the big rig suck. Nice to hear from a fellow Aviator. I flew UH-1H, OH58A/C, UH-60 and was fixed wing qualified but never had the opportunity to fly fixed wing. I also had a little time in the front seat of the AH-1, our Troop commander wanted all of the scout pilots oriented in the front seat of the Cobras in case there was ever a shortage of AH-1 pilots.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I made the same swap and check mine before each trip and they’re always between 75 and 80 psi. I’m not Going to get out the compressor for 5 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Yep, same pressure as long as the replacement tires are the same size and load range.......nothing different to worry about.
    Thanks for the information, I figured I was looking at this the right way.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have read where a lot of people said the Endurance tires helped with the big rig suck. Nice to hear from a fellow Aviator. I flew UH-1H, OH58A/C, UH-60 and was fixed wing qualified but never had the opportunity to fly fixed wing. I also had a little time in the front seat of the AH-1, our Troop commander wanted all of the scout pilots oriented in the front seat of the Cobras in case there was ever a shortage of AH-1 pilots.

Dale
    Thanks for your service, Dale!
    My son in law just completed warrant officer training and is now attending helicopter flight school at Ft. Rucker. Pretty proud to have such a fine young man in our family.

I also run the GY's at 80 psi but I need to with the 315. I notice a better ride over rough pavement with the GY's.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Thank you for your service! I also run mine at max 80 psi.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast