Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alignment

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dale,

I noticed you have the 2670RK. I had not really considered it because this purchase is supposed to be down sizing our RV a bit. Of course the more we look, the more we want in the RV. How is the view in yours looking out the passenger side? The others we are looking at have almost no view on that side. How does the TV mount work? Does it go up and down? How does that work for you? Is it hard to get to the rear of the TV to make connections etc. We have a satellite receiver I will need to connect. Other than the axles have you been happy with the quality and floor plan etc? Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDSTexas View Post
    Hi Dale,

I noticed you have the 2670RK. I had not really considered it because this purchase is supposed to be down sizing our RV a bit. Of course the more we look, the more we want in the RV. How is the view in yours looking out the passenger side? The others we are looking at have almost no view on that side. How does the TV mount work? Does it go up and down? How does that work for you? Is it hard to get to the rear of the TV to make connections etc. We have a satellite receiver I will need to connect. Other than the axles have you been happy with the quality and floor plan etc? Thanks!
    Overall we have been happy with the 2670MK. The quality control on the RVs nowadays is really lacking. There were quit a few items that we needed to work on to make them right. But from what I hear that is the case with any brand. The view out the passenger side is really good when the TV is in the down position. We saw a new 2670MK during our last camping trip and they have added a window over the stove so that will make the view even better. The TV goes up and down with a switch and we leave ours down unless we are actually watching TV so we can take advantage of the window. I don't know about the access to the back because I have never attempted it but I would imagine it would be fairly easy to hook up additional equipment.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dale, I replied to JW^2 post but not sure if it went through. We are having the same problem. I need to schedule with a dealer to look at this but live in full time so it's always a juggling act. How did you get GD to work with you? who did you speak with about the problem? Do you know if its an option to upgrade to the heavier axles? Did they replace the tires as well? If they replace one axel do they have to replace the other one as well? (Providing they are the same.) so many questions. thanks, Yellowdog

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowdog View Post
    Hi Dale, I replied to JW^2 post but not sure if it went through. We are having the same problem. I need to schedule with a dealer to look at this but live in full time so it's always a juggling act. How did you get GD to work with you? who did you speak with about the problem? Do you know if its an option to upgrade to the heavier axles? Did they replace the tires as well? If they replace one axel do they have to replace the other one as well? (Providing they are the same.) so many questions. thanks, Yellowdog
    I have a great dealer and they did all of the coordination with Grand Design for me. I already had the heavier axles so they just replaced the bad axle. They also did not offer to replace the tires but I had just replaced them when I noticed the worn tire from the axle. I was going to replace them anyway since they had close to 10,000 miles on them and I had one with a cut in the sidewall. So I did not ask for them to replace the tires. I was happy that they covered the cost of the new axle and the labor to install it.

Hope this helps,
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12