User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inverter Question

Those with a Residential Frig do you leave your inverter on all the time or do you turn it on and off when needed. Reason for asking is I used to turn it on and off when needed however this last trip I forgot to turn it on before we left our campground and we lost our food in the frig by the time we got to the next stop.

Thanks.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I turn mine off when hooked up to AC power just to save wear and tear on the internal fan on the inverter. I just looked at the WFCO manual, doesn't say that turning it off is necessary when on AC power, though. So leaving it on all the time shouldn't hurt it. The "pass through" feature works whether it is on or off...meaning when you have incoming AC power, it will internally switch to use the AC power source.
    RobM
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We always switch it as needed. When we did the PDI they said you could leave it on all the time , but we never have. Leaving it on when not needed just doesn’t feel right. I have , however , had to stop on the side of the road to turn it back on. Ugh
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin