User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we got back to the trailer at 5 pm the fridge showed 42 degrees. Should we be worried about food safety at this point? I’ve resorted to keeping our drinks in an ice chest and the outside fridge to minimize opening and closing of the inside fridge.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny we are talking about this. Here is one owners solution. Just read about it in Trailer Life. Had heard about it but never saw how someone would do it.
    Notice the manufacturer of the RV?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fridge blind.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Funny we are talking about this. Here is one owners solution. Just read about it in Trailer Life. Had heard about it but never saw how someone would do it.
    Notice the manufacturer of the RV?
    I've often thought about doing this. Very simple solution.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Andrew in the Burgh
    2015 Reflection 317RST...Auction Rebuild

See Thread Here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...795#post145795

2016 F350 CCLB DRW 6.7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just might attempt this. I’m about to make up some exterior window shades for the house. So I’ll order some extra material and make this up for the fridge. Today was only 95 in Vegas and when we got back to the trailer at 7pm, the fridge read 39F.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    When we got back to the trailer at 5 pm the fridge showed 42 degrees. Should we be worried about food safety at this point? I’ve resorted to keeping our drinks in an ice chest and the outside fridge to minimize opening and closing of the inside fridge.
    From what I have read 40 is the very upper limit, 35 is optimum for food safety

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sun is a killer for the in-slide refers.

Maybe try adding additional fans to the flue to help move the hot air.

On my Columbus, I added 3, 12 volt computer fans on a switch to the flue to help out. It made a huge difference in what the refer could maintain.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Sun is a killer for the in-slide refers.

Maybe try adding additional fans to the flue to help move the hot air.

On my Columbus, I added 3, 12 volt computer fans on a switch to the flue to help out. It made a huge difference in what the refer could maintain.
    I did the same as Hunt70. I Put 2 waterproof fans on a switch just inside the lower access panels. Night and day difference in moving the air and heat making the frig run better. I mounted as close the the access cover pointed up.
    When I turn these on during extreme heat on the slide, the uppers fans turn on & off, where before than ran for hours.

Attachment 20751. I got them off Amazon. They are Aero 12v waterproof fans.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Update

when we got back to the trailer at 10pm, the fridge showed 39F. It was a blistering hot today in Vegas. Nevertheless this is very poor temperature control and makes me very concerned about food safety.
    I live in Las Vegas and travel to mostly hot desert locations until the snow starts falling in the Sierra's. Of course 105 is not blistering hot to us but still on the warm side for a fridge. Had the exact same problems as you with my Norcold 2118 and found a couple of solutions. The door flap is definitely a known issue with the 4 door Norcold, here's the link https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ic-Temperature

Fixing the door flap made a huge difference.

I also added 2 fairly large fans to the top blowing out and that has made a big difference. Here's a link to that operation. See post #17 https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...609#post175609

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wVT...KgBlg&index=24

Making sure the plywood has been installed correctly on the inside next to the coils is also a must, this plywood must be cut to the correct length and the user manual specifies how that should be installed.

Of course the secret is to start the cooling process days ahead of time and don't let the fridge get behind or it will have a tough time catching up.

Hope these take care of your issue, I wouldn't give up on that fridge just yet.
    Mark
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    Titan Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000 with X Factor Crossmember
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW 6’ box
    Factory 5th/Gooseneck Prep with 20K Reese Goosebox

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember back when I was a lad and we camped, our first camper had an ice box. I'm pretty certain the temperature of our food wasn't at 35 degrees. I'm just wondering, as long as the temperature is under 40ish, everything would be ok. I'm not trying to be a wisenheimer, just curious.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you getting enough air movement over the cooling fins for the refrigeration to work? if you stack food or other objects that slow air flow down you will see increased temps. I am assuming you do not have a residential.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast