User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calnca View Post
    livinthelife......we still have the original Westlakes on......approx 6,000 miles since January.....another 4,000 coming up in July
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Just like Calnca does, we have the original Westlake G rated tires with about 2,000 miles and have not had an issue. If they're the G's, just make sure the pressures are correct and keep an eye on them, not unlike any other tire.

John
    I'll just point out that several of us have had issues with those Westlake tires. Usually in a short time frame from getting our rigs. We had one just go flat (for no apparent reason) when 3 months old. Had another get a bubble on the inside of the tire while sitting in an RV park for a week.

Needless to say, we replaced all 4 tires with Goodyear Endurance tires before our 10,000 mile Canada/Alaska trip last year. Before we could have a major blowout or problem while traveling.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I'll just point out that several of us have had issues with those Westlake tires. Usually in a short time frame from getting our rigs. We had one just go flat (for no apparent reason) when 3 months old. Had another get a bubble on the inside of the tire while sitting in an RV park for a week.

Needless to say, we replaced all 4 tires with Goodyear Endurance tires before our 10,000 mile Canada/Alaska trip last year. Before we could have a major blowout or problem while traveling.
    It's a crap shoot, Westlakes might last 5 years or 5 weeks. For me, not worth the possibility of a problem, replaced with Carlisle Radial Trail HD's before I hit 1000 miles. Had them on the last TT for a couple years or so with no problem. $100 each at Discount Tire.
    Last edited by Brewhedd; 06-14-2019 at 07:44 AM.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amen on the TPMS. We were towing without one on the interstate 50 miles north of Blythe. I felt a small bump that felt like it came from the trailer but couldn't see or feel anything different. A mile or two later a car passed in the fast lane and pointed back the the trailer. I immediatley pulled over and saw one of the trailer tires on the driver side had desinigrated. I changed the tire and went on my way. I shudder to think what would've happened if I'd continued driving on just one tire on that side. I know that one tire would not have lasted very long. I now only travel with a TPMS.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re in the middle of our summer trip. We just left Las Vegas where temps were in the 105 range. We headed into the mountains if Utah, ascending multiple long 8% grades. I saw transmission temps into the 220F range but had no issues.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting ready to head out on my first long trip (30 day - 2600 miles). Looking for a tire monitoring system. Do all monitor both pressure and temperature? Debating between TireMinder 507 or TireMinder Smart TPMS that works through phone. Do both of these come with flow thru capability? Any recommendations when it comes to tire minder system or first long trip planning?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slhicks View Post
    Getting ready to head out on my first long trip (30 day - 2600 miles). Looking for a tire monitoring system. Do all monitor both pressure and temperature? Debating between TireMinder 507 or TireMinder Smart TPMS that works through phone. Do both of these come with flow thru capability? Any recommendations when it comes to tire minder system or first long trip planning?
    If I were buying again I would get the system with internal sensors from either TST or Dill Air Controls.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    We’re in the middle of our summer trip. We just left Las Vegas where temps were in the 105 range. We headed into the mountains if Utah, ascending multiple long 8% grades. I saw transmission temps into the 220F range but had no issues.
    Off topic I know, but how was it going through the gorge? We'll be heading that way Mid-July, playing with the ATV's near Richfield.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Off topic I know, but how was it going through the gorge? We'll be heading that way Mid-July, playing with the ATV's near Richfield.

John
    We went north on I-15 and then took 14 over Dixie National park through Duck Creek. We then took hwy 89 to Glendale. We camped there and then visited Zion and Bryce.

Today we took 89 north to 20, which at the western end connects with I-15. From there we headed to Salt Lake City.

We we pulled some 8.5% grades today with no issues. With the speed limit at 80, I set the cruise control at 75 on the long straight stretches. It was windy, very windy. I was thankful we have a dually. I saw a lot of SRW trucks drifting all over the place.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    We went north on I-15 and then took 14 over Dixie National park through Duck Creek. We then took hwy 89 to Glendale. We camped there and then visited Zion and Bryce.

Today we took 89 north to 20, which at the western end connects with I-15. From there we headed to Salt Lake City.

We we pulled some 8.5% grades today with no issues. With the speed limit at 80, I set the cruise control at 75 on the long straight stretches. It was windy, very windy. I was thankful we have a dually. I saw a lot of SRW trucks drifting all over the place.
    Thanks for the reply, sounds like a fun trip. What I was really asking about though was the traffic situation between Nevada and Utah going through the Virgin River Gorge on I15. I understand there's some major bridge construction going on with moderate to severe delays on that stretch.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry got in the game a little late. we have made plenty of trips out of the valley to the north end of Arizona. while we do get to a little slow down on some of the hills, weather here or out and about, we get temps up in the 215 to 220 and up into 230 on the trans. i keep it slow and steady, when the truck is going smooth and temps stop climbing, i keep it at that pace, 20 mph over wolf creek pass a year ago, 35 ish mph in the hills in Arizona, or long pulls like coming out of or going into San Diego on 8. Never had an issue with overheating or going into limp mode. we just keep it slow and steady, of course without the air conditioner on as a safety measure. Just keep on keeping on and make sure you have checked everything before you head out. take your time, enjoy your selves and keep on keeping on. Good Luck & Be Safe ! ! !
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast