User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a heat pump and use that it will still save you money over propane. The electric even though you pay for it is cheaper than propane. The furnace uses a lot of propane if used on a regular basis. I use my heat pump as much as possible in my Solitude. I think it has already saved me a considerable amount of money.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by dchrist1733 View Post
    If you have a heat pump and use that it will still save you money over propane. The electric even though you pay for it is cheaper than propane. The furnace uses a lot of propane if used on a regular basis. I use my heat pump as much as possible in my Solitude. I think it has already saved me a considerable amount of money.
    Was the heat pump an option? All we have is AC and a propane furnace. Getting out in the middle of winter to fill tanks is not my idea of fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I had the heat pump installed but it only works to 30 degrees depending on where you are camping. I live in Virginia and camp mainly south of where I live so it works most of the year for me. If you are in a real cold climate it may not be as useful. You have to use the furnace below 30 to heat and keep the pipes from freezing. The heat pump keeps it pretty warm until temperatures reach the freezing point.

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

fredandfred
    Ran the water yesterday. I ordered a high pressure water line that can handle heat tape. I will assume the drain hole in the bottom of the service bay is where you run water, satellite cable, etc. Then I also assume you need to plug the hole to keep freezing air from entering the box. I noticed a vent in the box I also assume is allow warm air in? Am I on the right track?

fredandfred
    I also wondered if I need to dig around the spigot and install tape there also? And,,, we are trying to figure out where to put a towel rack and the toilet paper holder. So many questions.

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by fredandfred View Post
    I also wondered if I need to dig around the spigot and install tape there also? And,,, we are trying to figure out where to put a towel rack and the toilet paper holder. So many questions.
    I see that others have asked the same questions on the a towel rack and tp holder. I should have searched first.

Al~and~Dave
    Welcome to the family Jeff & Kathy. We have our 379FL since end/July and love it!
    If you use FB please join our group at Grand Design RV Owners. Plenty of lively discussion in a different format.

Alison and Dave
    Georgia, VT
    2015 Solitude 379FL
    2013 GMC 3500HD SRW CC 6.6 Diesel

fredandfred
    Spent our first night in the new toy. Woo Hoo. Now we have to move stuff and figure out what goes where. We plan on being in this thing all winter. I got the heat tape on the water line ok but do I need to use some skirting around the bottom even though it's sealed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fred,

Make sure your heat tape does not overlap. I also bought some of the foam 3/4" pipe insulation to cover the hose. Make sure you run your heat tape around the faucet all the way to the ground and up into the storage bin where the hose connects. I used one on the faucet end and plugged into power box and another one in the storage bin to connect and let them meet in the middle. I have never had frozen pipes. As for the underpinning, this is something I have never done. You should have tank heaters that you can turn on to take care of them. Also make sure you have a good down flow so your sewer pipe can not collect water or it will freeze and you will be miserable. Hope all goes well.
    Kamper
    Johnny & Mary
    Henderson, NC 4 Now
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2015 Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab High Country
    24K Pullrite ISR 5th Wheel Hitch with Super Rails

:cool:

fredandfred
    Well now the shower won't drain. Worked fine yesterday. Tank isn't full.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast