User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ditkitty
    We have our 379FL permanently parked in an RV resort. We previously had a Road Warrior Toy Hauler, but decided we would rather ride the bikes when we travel (or haul them with our smaller trailer), and use the RV as a vacation cabin. We fell in love with the Grand Design, so traded in the RW. Long story short, what we do in the winter is use an electric hose (tried the tape wrap, but it actually got TOO hot - I think DH must have gotten it too close or overlapped it), and we also built a little square igloo out of styrofoam-type insulation - that fits over the entire frost-free spigot, and with a small shop light also hanging in there keeps the spigot from freezing - we just have to remember to put the thing up BEFORE it snows :-). We used to leave the light on in the UDC to create a little heat. I think DH also put some type of insulation in the opening, but I don't remember what kind. We have stayed there this year on a rather cold weekend, and we use the propane to take the edge off, then use the fireplace to keep the rig warm. I did notice we went through the propane quicker than we did in the RW - probably because there is more living space to heat.....a good third of the RW was just a garage.

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by fredandfred View Post
    Well now the shower won't drain. Worked fine yesterday. Tank isn't full.
    Found out the grey tank was full. I assume the shower and washer go to the same tank. The indicator only showed 1/2 full. I suppose that gauge is jacked up.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff & Kathy --

The waste tank gauges on most RV's are notoriously inaccurate.
    When we have full hookups, I always leave the shower/bath room sink tank running open
    since that is the one where we accumulate the most waste water.

If you are convinced the waste tank should NOT have been full, you can always measure
    its capacity by pouring measured gallons of water down the drain. A few GD owners have
    had a problem with the vent pipe being inserted too far into one of the tanks, causing it to
    act full (or bubble) prematurely.
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingerlonger View Post
    Jeff & Kathy --

The waste tank gauges on most RV's are notoriously inaccurate.
    When we have full hookups, I always leave the shower/bath room sink tank running open
    since that is the one where we accumulate the most waste water.

If you are convinced the waste tank should NOT have been full, you can always measure
    its capacity by pouring measured gallons of water down the drain. A few GD owners have
    had a problem with the vent pipe being inserted too far into one of the tanks, causing it to
    act full (or bubble) prematurely.

thanks for the reply.

Al~and~Dave
    There has been a problem with the 379FL shower drain. I have received information from Janice, and I'm pretty sure others on this type of drain.
    I did start a thread on this forum a couple of months ago and there could be a response on there. I know there was discussion are on our FB Group.
    I find it more difficult to navigate this type of forum, so search away. Sorry to be so vague, just wanted to get that message out to you. :-)

Alison and Dave
    Georgia, VT

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al~and~Dave View Post
    I did start a thread on this forum a couple of months ago and there could be a response on there. I know there was discussion are on our FB Group.
    I find it more difficult to navigate this type of forum, so search away. Sorry to be so vague, just wanted to get that message out to you. :-)

Alison and Dave
    Georgia, VT
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...er-Drain-379FL

Steve

fredandfred
    We will be on metered electric. I will just have to keep my eye on the tanks I guess.
    I decided to have an additional tank added for heat this winter. I don't know if I should consider skirting this thing and if so I have no idea how.:-(

fredandfred
    I decided to have an additional tank added for heat this winter. I don't know if I should consider skirting this thing and if so I have no idea how.:-(
    Is skirting really needed and is it expensive and hard to put on?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123