User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nautilous malfuction - filed basement instead of water tank

Its a good thing no one was around when I started shouting the praise of GD workmanship, or should I say parts selection. Getting ready to leave on a relaxing fathers day weekend at a local lake. Had basement packed, and had already flushed out the lines using the city water, filled the water heater, then went to fill the water tank (dry camping) Boy am I glad I had the water alarms, but by the time I shut off the water the damage was done. Unpacked the basement to get things to dry, pulled the wall and found a fitting leaking - more like separated and gushing, The actual compression fitting had failed. So off the Home Depot and got the part in brass thins time and stopped by my GD dealer to check I had the right part. My old service manager has retired and the new one was very helpful. Indicated they fail all the time (compression fitting separating from plastic 90)

Well were back together and now ready to repack everything.

BTW I also had issues getting the pump to prime until I opened up 2 faucets and the hand spray at the panel. Doing so helped get the air out.

I now know what my next project will be - replacing every gold plated plastic fitting behind the nautilus panel. I know there were several threads on this and great help here. What a frigging mess when your trying to tighten up connections. Nothing is the same. Some have nice star grips for your fingers, some are knelled and some are nut fittings, but not a standard size, either metric or US.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Thanks for letting me vent.
    Glad you did, thanks. I purchased PEX and fittings and tools a year ago, inspired by @Cate&Rob's advice to replace the factory's work. The parts have traveled quite well, but your story may be enough to get my ample posterior onto the job soon.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    The parts have traveled quite well, but your story may be enough to get my ample posterior onto the job soon.
    Ha ha ha....
    You're a real boy scout, cause you're prepared for when it does fail !!!
    I'm the same way [emoji4]

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]