Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Residential Refrigerator?

I have a 2019 351 Momentum, has anyone changed out the Norcold to a residential model? If so what brand and how did the install go. I'm concerned about clearance on the island.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the search function in the upper right, you'll find a number of threads on this topic. There are a couple of models of Samsung refrigerators that are a "fair" fit for the Norcold four-door models. You also might check with GD and see what they use for the units that come with residential refrigerators.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for advice on the search, I have done that, but I'm asking more specifically for a 351 since the Island just about touches the front of the norcold now. Just wondering if anyone has installed one on my specific model with no clearance issues, Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a 351, might be that the slide out depth is similar.

My frig space has 2' depth for the Norcold, 28" from back of space to the island countertop when slide is full closed.

My frig enclosure measurements were:
    For the original Norcold 1210 12cuft = 63.75"H x 32.75"W x 24.75"D

Frig Enclosure w/o 5" Raised Platform and w/o 3" Top Trim:
    Rear Ceiling to Slideout Floor = 70.5"
    Front Ceiling to Slideout Floor = 71-7/8"
    Rear Wall to Slideout Floor Front Trim = 27.5"

I measured the clearance between my interior steps, pantry, and island to see how much room I had to move a frig past them.
    Also how much room the frig doors required when opened to clear the frig enclosure trim, pantry, island.
    And how much clearance from the island countertop to the frig with the slide out fully closed.
    Then if the frig would have clearance from the rear wall, top ceiling to meet recommended air flow clearances of the install manual.

One of the Samsung RF18HFENBSR/AA 18 cu. ft. Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator "Will It Fit" showed 30.5" depth to door handles and 2" clearance at rear of frig for air flow. https://image-us.samsung.com/Samsung...t_RF18HFEN.pdf

Installation clearances:
    Allow 3.75" of clearance when installing along a wall. This will allow for the door to open 90 degrees without the handle contacting the wall.
    Allow 2" minimum clearance at rear for proper air circulation and water/electrical connections.
    Allow a 3/8" minimum clearance at sides and top for ease of installation.

It didn't appear I'd have that clearance to the island countertop for the Samsung.
    Used a LG 10.1 residential frig.

- Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank