User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TST 507 also. I have the screw-on type sensors on my fifth wheel, as well as the front tires on my truck. They require metal valve stems. For the dual wheels, I have internal 507's that are relatively new to their lineup. They mount on really long hose clamps that are affixed to the inside of each rim. I use their extender that I have attached to the fifth wheel batteries in the front compartment via cheap black and red mini battery clamps.
    RobM
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a TST 507 too. DO NOT get the COLOR DISPLAY if you go with TST. You can’t see the blue color very well.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 06-14-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the tireminder system on mine. Had multiple false alarms. Batteries going out way more often than they should, etc. Was at a truck stop and noticed different looking sensors on most of the big rigs out there. Turns out most use Doran. I called and spoke with the owner of the company and to make a long story short, have it now. Has worked flawlessly. Even installed six on my dually as it was not offered with TPMS from GM. So far, so good. No false alarms or other issues. The only real pitfall I see is the sensors are not serviceable (batteries cannot be changed) and have to be replaced every 3-4 years.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another EEZTire owner here. The system works very well. I bought the repeater with it, but don't need to use it.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    For the dual wheels, I have internal 507's that are relatively new to their lineup. They mount on really long hose clamps that are affixed to the inside of each rim.
    Just checked those out on their website. If I were buying a new system that would be the one I would buy. That is definitely the "answer" for dually's without factory tpms.
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the input. I’m leaning toward the TST. Can’t find a lot of info on the FX.
    "Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
    (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to use my Tireminder on our new fifth wheel but realized that the model I had maxed out at 80#. I ordered the TST 507. From the comments here, it seemed like a better option than a higher PSI Tireminder.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been thinking about buying a TPMS awhile ago and I started to do some research but got drawn away. Now that I've read so many posted here and on other RV sites about "China Bombs" I've restarted my TPMS search. I learned that there are so many of them out there that its hard to choose between them since they all claim similar accuracy and capabilities.

To me it is important that I can see the TPMS display during the day and night, but they rarely state that in the literature.

I'd like the display to show as much info as possible. Some show both the tire pressure and temperature for all 4 tires, some cycle through and show the tire pressure and temperature one tire at a time and both are fine with me. Some I saw only showed the temp or pressure, but not both and you had to hit button on the unit to switch between then, both unacceptable.

I also don't want the display to go to sleep or dark.

I also like to know how the system operates if and when a sensor fails. Some systems keep displaying the "last know good value" and others show "lost connection". As for me I'd prefer to know that a sensor went bad immediately. The only reason I think of why someone would design a system that keeps displaying the last know value is because their system routinely loses connection to its sensors so it would probably constantly be displaying that it lost a sensor. So for that reason, I won't buy a system that keeps displaying the last know good value.

Does anyone know of TPMS that meets my simple criteria?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    Does anyone know of TPMS that meets my simple criteria?
    I have the black and white TST 507 display. The battery in the display itself is great...lasts almost the entire camping season without having to plug it into the cig lighter. The display stays on when turned on..doesn't go to sleep when the vehicle is in motion. The display automatically "backlights" when it gets dark. The display cycles through each wheel and shows temp and pressure. Goes to the next wheel after a few seconds. You can also manually advance to whatever wheel you desire. Shows dashes if it loses the signal or battery is weak in sensor. My batteries last for several years. The screw on sensors have easily-replaceable batteries. Not replaceable on the internal sensors on my duals. You can set upper and lower values for temp and pressure for an alarm 'beep' and icon to sound and show. This is so you can set different parameters for your truck versus the trailer. Also, when unhooked, you can push a button on the display so your trailer wheels no longer show, but your truck will still display. I installed the repeater in the front compartment with velcro and power it through the fifth wheel batteries via cheap mini black and red battery clamps. I unclamp it when done traveling. I thought the repeater was a joke, but since I have started using it, have never lost a sensor signal once it's acquired.
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been running the TireMinder Smart TPMS, the one that you don't buy a display for...you use your phone with the free app from TireMinder. I liked the idea of not having another dedicated display to mount on the dash area and it works well. I ran it on my previous Toy Hauler and moved it over to the present one...a Momentum 394M. I do have the booster and have never had any issues with loss of connection. This trailer has the G rated tires so I'm at 110 psi and it's flawless so far.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast