User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking about getting a TPMS also. The 2016 Ram came with a tire monitor system for the truck tires. It sure would be nice if there was a way to just add 6 mire sensors to the Solitude.
    I am also thinking about getting the Crossfire Dual Tire Pressure Equalization System for the truck duels. If someone didn't have a monitor system for truck, they could use the pressure system you would only need 1 per duelly.

So far, with all the info, I am liking the TST-507-FT-6-C Flow Through Sensor Tire Pressure Monitoring System - Color - 6 Pack.
    KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the TST507 6 tire kit and installed it yesterday. Install was a snap. I didn't get an extender and am anxious to see how it works. With the six sensors, I can put put four on the ground and one on the spare.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just installed tst 507 this weekend too. I chose cap sensors though. Set up was easy. Joe

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve decided on the 507 but my camper is in the shop for water heater issues. I want to put the flow through caps on but I don’t have metal valves. When I get it back I’ll take it to get them out on then I’ll get the 507.
    "Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
    (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using a tireminder solar. I tried using it without the booster and got erroneous readings. After installing the booster it works great.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    remote tire pressure systems are great but even a properly inflated tire can fail if it hits something in the road, excess speed, and age. Most RV tire failures I have seen are from degraded tires and excessive speed, not from tire pressure.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjhays44 View Post
    remote tire pressure systems are great but even a properly inflated tire can fail if it hits something in the road, excess speed, and age. Most RV tire failures I have seen are from degraded tires and excessive speed, not from tire pressure.
    I agree.
    My question is: did the temp rise just as the cap was coming off the tire?
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good question, I was not aware that they monitor temps, only pressure except the high end ones. I suspect the tire would heat up as it starts to fail.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody has one they like for one reason or another, I think the important thing is to have one. Yes it would be nice if the Ram trucks TPMS could read & pair with the RV sensors but then again the Ram truck factory TPMS only displays air pressures, no temp readings.
    Our TST works, the non color monitor is the best against color washout in sunlight. Yes I used the screw on valve stem cap sensors with replaceable batteries. My kit came with a couple spare batts and spare little rubber orings and the price was right.

Yes it is a little bit of a PITB to remove the sensors to add air to the tires, but not that big of deal. Even if you lose both of the little tools that come in the kit that helps take the sensor off the valve stem, a small pair of needle nose pliers will work. i keep one of the tolls in the RV, the other in the truck. I did not want to have to take the RV tires off and get hard valve stems installed. Once you break the seal, valve stem to sensor, it pretty much screws off by hand and you don't lose hardly any air putting them back on. Back when I bought ours there was some kind of bugaboo about the flow through sensors but I can't remember what it was now and some systems had too many false alarms.

Our RV G rated tires are up to 110# pressure. Here in Texas heat the tire pressures will rise on hot days from 110# to @ 120-122#. The air temp on the tires rises also IIRC seeing upwards 130 degrees and higher. I don't know what a dangerous air pressure temp would be so what I look for is a dramatic difference between the tire temperatures. If all the RV tires are running about the same pressures and temps I figure its good. The TST system will alert you if the tire has a slow air leak. Of course you would notice it anyway if glancing at the monitor once in a while.
    I've set the alarm thresholds as advised in the TST manual.

What it all gets down to is that its a pretty good idea to get one of these systems for your RV.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually most of the TPMS systems that I've looked at monitor both temp and pressure. I've read that those systems that use internal sensors seem to measure temperature more accurately, by as much as 20degrees (Fahrenheit) higher. I guessthat makes sense that sensors mounted inside the rim would read temps betterthan those screwed on to the valve stems. I also read the both internal and external sensors read pressurevirtually the same. Since I don't wantto remount my tires I'm leaning towards the screw on cap sensors, I'm justgoing to lower the max temp setting on whatever TPMS I buy by 15 to 20 degrees(Fahrenheit ) just to be on the safe side.

I’mcurrently leaning towards the TST 507 with the LCD display that uses the screwon cap sensors. With this unit I can also get internal sensors if I want to down the road. I also learned that if for some reason asensor stops working or loses connection that the TST 507 will stop displaying info and it won’t keep displaying the “lastknow value” as some others do.

Traveldawg ……Thanksfor the tip about not being able to see the blue color well!
    Last edited by BeerBrewer; 06-18-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast