User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said earlier, I am are also looking for a TPMS system. As of right now the TST-507 is my front runner because it has so many good reviews and it has so many different options. They sell color and non-color displays and three different types of sensors internal, flow through and cap. Since I wanted to about how the system works, I send in some questions to their Technical Support team and I thought some of you might find their answers useful.

Below is the response that I received from the TST Technical Support Team to my questions about how their 507 TPMS works.

The sensors send signals approximately every 12 seconds and the display rotates though the coded tire positions every 5-6 seconds. If any sensor sends data that is in violation of any of the parameter settings in the display, the display picks up that information and immediately goes to the tire that has an issue and provides an alert, no matter where it is in the rotation.

About every 5 minutes, the display will have gone through its cycle and does a hard data update. The amount of time depends on how many sensors are programmed into the display. The display is programmed to keep moving through the tires and will only give an alert if a parameter has been violated. If it doesn’t receive any data from a sensor, and no parameter has been violated, the display is thrown into stasis and it holds on to the last data received as it continues on with the rotation to the other tire positons. It may take several minutes before it recognizes that the sensor is not present. The display will show dashes, instead of pressure and temperature, for any sensor that is not sending a signal (ie. It is out of range).

Remember, if any sensor violates any of the parameters that have been set in the display, it will immediately alarm.

The repeater optimizes the system and ensures that the data is consistently and quickly being sent to the display from the sensors. It helps keep extraneous signals on the same frequency from crossing the data stream and causing interference. This is a very important component in the system.

I hope this helps,

Bob
    Last edited by BeerBrewer; 06-22-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank-you. Just remember to monitor the air pressure very closely. I cannot remember the "exact" loading but I know it was over 4100 Lbs. What appears to be the exact same tire can be found at Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Carlisle-...xoCS0AQAvD_BwE

It advertises load range 132 at 4409 Lbs. Per other posts, the maximum pressure rating of your rims is stamped or cast into the "back" of each rim. Mine was cast into one of the "spokes". Good luck. Frank.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456