User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for a TPMS. What is your favorite?

Went on a four day trip last week to the mountains. On the way up and back I saw two truck&campers on the side of the interstate with blowouts. We are traveling more and last fall I installed Goodyear tires. I’m really concerned with the ramifications of a blowout and have decided to get a TPMS. Dealer where I purchased the camper is pushing the Pressure Pro FX system. I do like the idea of one less monitor but I’m still researching other units. I’m open for suggestions and as to which unit is y’all’s favorite.
    "Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
    (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a TST 507 system. It works perfectly.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve been using the EEZTire system for 2-3 years and it has worked well for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Tireminder for my first two years and I liked it. Used your phone for a display which was nice, I didn't have to have another box on the dash. I've just switched to the integrated trailer TPMS in my new Ford truck and it's outstanding. Only one tow on it so far but love that it's built into the dash and just works.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Skippy View Post
    Went on a four day trip last week to the mountains. On the way up and back I saw two truck&campers on the side of the interstate with blowouts. We are traveling more and last fall I installed Goodyear tires. I’m really concerned with the ramifications of a blowout and have decided to get a TPMS. Dealer where I purchased the camper is pushing the Pressure Pro FX system. I do like the idea of one less monitor but I’m still researching other units. I’m open for suggestions and as to which unit is y’all’s favorite.
    I have been using the TireMinder system for a couple of years now. Mine is one of the older systems but it works well and very happy with it. I also bought the flow threw extensions so that I can adjust tire pressure without taking the sensors off. Made things a lot easier so just something to keep in mind when getting a system that you can adjust tire pressure without removing the sensors.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another EEZ user, works well. https://eezrvproducts.com/shop?olsPa...ng-system-tpms
    Just an FYI, the flow through sensors fit my dually inner wheels and I have fairly easy access to add air. Also, the 45 degree valve extensions suck, don't even try them.

Another one with oem type sensors. http://dillaircontrols.com/dill/cate.../trailer-tpms/
    2019 Reflection 312BHTS TT Sold

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sure thete are several good systems out there. I you the tst 507 and love it. had a few questions when setting it up the first time so I called them. They answered and was very helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kenny & Susan "Freddie" on board
    2019 Reflection 297rsts
    2017 F250 6.2
    14k Equalizer

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use tire minder. I had to add a booster as it would lose the signal from the tires on occasion. After that, it seemed to work well.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TireMinder

Integrates great with phone (no extra screen/display in truck) and it does not require it to be displayed to alert of tires out of parameter. Temp or pressure.

I have the booster and never have any connection issues between trailer tires and display in cab.

///chile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Left long enough, any "what's the best?" thread will probably conclude that ALL of them are! Here's my story.

I was shopping for a TPMS at the Tampa RV Show in January, and visited the booths representing four (maybe five) different TPMS systems and talked the ears off the people at each.

I came home with the TST 507 system. Except for the fact that one of the sensors didn't work - it actually let all the air out of the tire! - I've been pleased with the system. It's been a fuggedaboudit addition that brings peace.

It came with a little "repeater" that I installed at the front of the trailer to improve communication between the tires and the truck cab, but I've often forgotten to turn it on and yet not noticed any problem with communication.

When purchasing I fretted that the system only reports one tire at a time, about once every five seconds, but it constantly shows the last value for all four tires and will fire an alarm if any tire drops below a threshold.

It does not require use of my cell phone. The monitor is right-sized for the job, not cumbersome to place and easy to read.

I don't remember all of the reasons I decided this was the one to buy, but no regrets.

Good luck.
    Last edited by boyscout; 06-14-2019 at 11:42 AM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast