User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also use a Tire Minder Solar. It was only about $100 but came with a booster that I installed in the front compartment of my 5er. So far at least, very reliable.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the TST507 working. At 55mph a guy pulls up alongside and motions "pull over". Trailer front passenger side tire has 1% rubber. TPMS and metal valve stem are gone as well as almost all the tire except for rim and some portions of sidewalls. Crazy thing; I never knew, never felt anything in steering wheel, no sway, nothing. The rim was in direct contact with tar so maybe that saved me ? All this time, and for approx 1 month forward, the TPMS reported normal pressure/temp on that tire. I called TST and was told NONE of them will report an instantaneous failure. They said the unit likely had experienced "brain freeze" and would need to be reset at factory.

I have experienced low pressure (slow leak) and the system worked as expected; but for a blowout and NO obvious indicators, I am not sure any would work.
    2024 Brinkley z2900
    2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear, 55gal tank!
    2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)
    2022 GD 2970RL (Sold, 2023-Oct)
    2016 GD 2600rb (Sold. 2022-May)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Tire Minder and it works very well. Saved me at least one blow out.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW....Incedible! Did you sustain any damage?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised to not have any damage except the skirt was bent a tiny bit; I bent it back right then and there. We were about 7 miles from an Albany RV so i drove .5 mph alongside thruway (Hwy 87) till I got into their parking lot. I told them I had a 30ft travel trailer and needed rim & tire; they were quick to provide me a garbage tire with a very low weight rating. Told me thats all they had. I was otherwise forced to install that, drive up to a small tire repair shop in Glens Falls NY and they had a rim that could handle 80+ psi tires as well as more respectable tire selection for RV use. Albany RV lost a customers respect that day.

The warranty got me a brand new OEM rim and they reimbursed the garbage Albany RV rim as well. I also got credit for replacement tire I had to get.

I was amazed that i did not have any feeling in steering wheel, at all. I don't know how long I would have driven without that driver alerting me.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    WOW....Incedible! Did you sustain any damage?
    2024 Brinkley z2900

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. I was under the impression all of these units would alert you if a tire was loosing pressure rapidly. Am I wrong here?
    "Never give up, Never slow down, Never grow old, Never ever die young"
    (James Taylor)

2019 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2012 GMC 2500HD
    B&W Turnover ball
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using the TST 507 screw on sensors for several years. My system didn't come with a repeater, but when we went to our 33 ft 5iver from a 23 ft TT, I lost contact with a sensor a couple of times. So. I bought the repeater and haven't had the problem any more. However, I don't feel like it is updating info as fast as it should. It takes several minutes to find all the sensors on startup and I've noticed some of the data seems "stale", like when starting out again after a lunch stop when the tires have cooled off. I've sometimes noticed one or more of the sensors are still showing the cooled off data for several miles. Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about it's ability to sense a fast leak.

One note about the internal sensors. In addition to the ones that strap on with a big howe clamp, they now have OEM auto style sensors that replace the valve stems. If my screw ons go bad, I'll probably go with those.

-jj

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES, they do alert if you lose pressure "rapidly". I lost all pressure in a zillionth of a second, seemingly too rapidly. I tried to get rationale as to why the system would not subsequently say "HEY somethings wrong, I lost a sensor ...". The TST folks tap danced around that saying no product will handle that situation.
    2024 Brinkley z2900

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glampers View Post
    TireMinder

Integrates great with phone (no extra screen/display in truck) and it does not require it to be displayed to alert of tires out of parameter. Temp or pressure.

I have the booster and never have any connection issues between trailer tires and display in cab.

///chile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We've got the same TireMinder Smart TPMS and have been pleased with it. We like not having to clutter up the truck cab with a separate monitor. Last season we mounted the Rhino signal booster to the trailer tongue jack. During the off-season we moved the signal booster into the front pass-through storage compartment. One false warning during 3K-miles towed last year; so far no problems this year. It's easy to use the Auto-Search (auto-update) function to make sure we've got fresh readings from each sensor at the start of each trip.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    I had a Tireminder for my first two years and I liked it. Used your phone for a display which was nice, I didn't have to have another box on the dash. I've just switched to the integrated trailer TPMS in my new Ford truck and it's outstanding. Only one tow on it so far but love that it's built into the dash and just works.
    I will have to look in to this. I did not realize that the TPMS on my new F-350 could also integrate the trailer tires. How do you go about this ?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast