User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have I Got Complacient and Missed a Step?

Okay so when I unhook from the truck, I raise the 5'er just to the point where the truck stops rebounding. I don't see a gap between the hitch and the pin box. When I pull out, the trailer more accurately settles about an inch, as the weight is transferred to the landing gear. It still appears nose high. I then hit auto-level and watch it do it's dance. We're good. The last few times I hit hitch height when ready to leave, I get the flashing green light indicating a fault and the leveling system just sits there taunting me. I then have to use the One Control tablet (or my phone) to acknowledge the fault, then go to manual mode to raise the center/rear jacks and raise the front jacks to re-hitch. If I understand the system right, it won't auto-level unless I'm nose high, which does work. Am I missing something?

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Okay so when I unhook from the truck, I raise the 5'er just to the point where the truck stops rebounding. I don't see a gap between the hitch and the pin box. When I pull out, the trailer more accurately settles about an inch, as the weight is transferred to the landing gear. It still appears nose high. I then hit auto-level and watch it do it's dance. We're good. The last few times I hit hitch height when ready to leave, I get the flashing green light indicating a fault and the leveling system just sits there taunting me. I then have to use the One Control tablet (or my phone) to acknowledge the fault, then go to manual mode to raise the center/rear jacks and raise the front jacks to re-hitch. If I understand the system right, it won't auto-level unless I'm nose high, which does work. Am I missing something?

John
    John

That does seem how the auto level feature works. When the auto level feature button is selected it uses that position as the "return to hitch height" position. So when you unhook and the nose is low you have to manually raise it to be nose high then you can use auto level, then when you use the "Auto reconnect" to get the hitch height set it will return to nose high and this will not be the position that you need to hook up.
    Confusing and cantankerous for sure.

Brian

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    John

That does seem how the auto level feature works. When the auto level feature button is selected it uses that position as the "return to hitch height" position. So when you unhook and the nose is low you have to manually raise it to be nose high then you can use auto level, then when you use the "Auto reconnect" to get the hitch height set it will return to nose high and this will not be the position that you need to hook up.
    Confusing and cantankerous for sure.

Brian
    But that's the glitch, I am nose high and auto-level does work. Perhaps a call to LCI CS is in order to determine if I do in fact have a malfunction...

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My auto reconnect will only raise the 5th wheel up to 4in below the heigth I need no matter how high I manually raise the trailer before I press auto level. So whenever I press auto reconnect I have to go up 4 more inches every time.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay...back and forth with eTrailer.com, Lippert (GC 3.0) and Grand Design. Bunch of answers. GD said doesn’t work. ETrailer said it did. Lippert contact #1 , said send a pic of the controller. I thought she meant the device you use to press the buttons and operate it. So I did...she said, yes it works. Lippert Contact #2 said you can’t tell by that. You need to look at the controller (huh?) and if it has a wire coming out, it will work. Then he explained the controller is the mechanism (or brains) that runs the levelers and it’s in the front compartment of the trailer....the compartment that flips up. I was only thinking of the front side storage cause I really never use the other one. It’s mounted on the ceiling in there and mine does have the wire coming out. I had another question, so I called back. Lippert #3 said, well, I don’t really know if that works. Lippert told him they stopped doing that in 2017, but the tech said, why is there still a wire there? So only solution is I am buying from eTrailer with money back guarantee. I’ll hook it up and post here again. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_8495.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	21109

Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Please share their response. I would really like to have a remote as the panel for my 310GK is in my LP area and is very hard to see.
    Last edited by deano17; 07-02-2019 at 04:57 PM.
    Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Silverado 2500 Gas, std Bed, 2 WD
    BW Companion

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pic showing antennae wire

Attachment 21110
    Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    BW Companion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Here's how mine works

Pull in to spot (or driveway) manually raise front with front jacks to unhitch height.

Unhitch.

Hit "auto level". 5er auto levels.

When Im ready to leave, I hit the auto reconnect and it raises it to the height it was at PRIOR to autolevel.

I don't use the ground front jacks during my unhitch process or auto reconnect process.

Mike
    I do a similar sequence, but I do use the "auto front jacks down" for grounding purposes. It is my understanding that equalizes the pressure between the 2 jacks so that the weight is distributed between the 2 jacks during the completion of unhitching.

I run the jacks down about 1/2 way (more or less, depending on the slope of the site).

I drop the extensions to the ground or lynx levelers, and lock those.

I then use the "auto front jacks down" to equalize the weight between the 2 jacks. It usually lifts the truck about 1/2" or so.

I then lower the jacks further manually, watching the distance between my overload springs and stops. When that is close to the unhitched separation distance, i will unhitch.

I will then further lower the front jacks until the pin box just starts to separate from the hitch.

I then retract the front jacks until some weight is back on the truck, unhook cables, and pull away.

When ready to again hook up, punching the left and right buttons together will raise the rear jacks, and get the pin box at the correct height for reconnecting, with maybe a tiny tweak needed because of weight changes (fuel fill) of the truck.
    Chap, Joy, and furbaby Argus
    2017 F350 diesel, 4x4, crew cab, short bed
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    B&W slider for Ford 5th wheel prep package

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Please share their response. I would really like to have a remote as the panel for my 310GK is in my LP area and is very hard to see.
    Sorry it’s been awhile. Called GD, Lippert, eTrailer. Mixed responses but I bought it anyway. It does connect although the auto level button doesn’t seem to work. But it’s okay for me. I just want to use when backing to hook up. Easy to program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    BW Companion

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deano17 View Post
    Okay...back and forth with eTrailer.com, Lippert (GC 3.0) and Grand Design. Bunch of answers. GD said doesn’t work. ETrailer said it did. Lippert contact #1 , said send a pic of the controller. I thought she meant the device you use to press the buttons and operate it. So I did...she said, yes it works. Lippert Contact #2 said you can’t tell by that. You need to look at the controller (huh?) and if it has a wire coming out, it will work. Then he explained the controller is the mechanism (or brains) that runs the levelers and it’s in the front compartment of the trailer....the compartment that flips up. I was only thinking of the front side storage cause I really never use the other one. It’s mounted on the ceiling in there and mine does have the wire coming out. I had another question, so I called back. Lippert #3 said, well, I don’t really know if that works. Lippert told him they stopped doing that in 2017, but the tech said, why is there still a wire there? So only solution is I am buying from eTrailer with money back guarantee. I’ll hook it up and post here again. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img_8495.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	21109
    Posting in two places. This did work and was easy to program, although there were no instructions. Found on Utube. I think it was this. With panel off, hit L 5 times, then R 5 times. Screen will light up on panel. Then hit any button on remote.

Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    BW Companion

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auto Level Reset: maybe you all know this, but my auto level was way off from the purchase. Always about 4” nose down. Asked dealer about it, asked a warranty repair shop about it and asked GD about it. None knew what to do. GD even allocated 30 min to the warranty guy to troubleshoot. Guy told me he couldn’t find anything. Was talking to a neighbor at the campsite and he mentioned something about a sequence to recalibrate. Found it on Utube. With panel off, push F button 5 times, R button 5 times. Screen will light up with a message about recalibration and you hit enter. Works fine fine now. 5 minutes.

Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    BW Companion

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast