User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Yet if you can find it, the LCI literature on the level up system SPECIFICALLY says one of the advantages of level up vs other brands was the ability to use it to change tires (I had it a week or so ago but cant find in again). My guess is the lawyers got involved and nixed that for liability reasons.

I have never run mine up on block for an out of level site. I do use the Andersen jack block to keep the stroke as short as possible but I have had wheels off the ground on several occasions.
    Interesting. Not to nitpick...but Ground Control 3.0 is the electric system (Ground Control TT for travel trailers) and Level Up is the hydraulic system (been corrected on that in another forum) - just in case they have any functional differences besides the actuator types. They do clearly have the power and stability to get the job done for a tire change. I would prefer the ability to better manipulate the middle stabilizer jacks but even with just the fronts and rears, they raise the trailer right up. Anderson Buckets make it even easier giving you that extra travel. I only bought 4 buckets, since the fronts have those extendable feet, not much of a gain from buckets - also the feet always go down right away to get unhitched and then can't "redo" them without the truck so more involved.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    Interesting. Not to nitpick...but Ground Control 3.0 is the electric system (Ground Control TT for travel trailers) and Level Up is the hydraulic system (been corrected on that in another forum) - just in case they have any functional differences besides the actuator types.
    Oops. I should have read more closely. I don’t know if that makes a difference either. Sorry for adding to the confusion
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries, I am not trying to make you feel bad Most likely, they use the exact same controller/sensors/computer. Only the actuators and branding are different I am betting.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    I bought the remote https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...All%20Products

A little pricey but I find it useful when hitching and unhitching. I can use it in the truck and look out back window , or the wife can stand beside the truck bed and use it. A lot easier than sticking your head into the compartment.

Brian
    This will work even if the system didn’t come with a remote? I had it in my Cougar and my 2019 Reflection didn’t have one. I’d gladly buy one if the main unit is already set up to use a remote?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Silverado 2500 Gas, std Bed, 2 WD
    BW Companion

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deano17 View Post
    This will work even if the system didn’t come with a remote? I had it in my Cougar and my 2019 Reflection didn’t have one. I’d gladly buy one if the main unit is already set up to use a remote?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You can operate the system without the remote. In the front storage above the door in the middle is the controllers for the leveling system. There should be a thin black wire connected at one end and loose on the other , this is the antenna. When the Lippert 3.0 is purchased as an aftermarket item I believe it comes with the remote, I do not know why an RV with this system does not come with the remote. The previous version is not remote capable , I think.
    On your 337 I think the panel is attached to the door so when you open the panel is easy to use. Mine is inside the storage with the nautilus panel on the front wall. I either have to bend over and stick my head in there or kneel down to see and use it. This is why I bought the remote. Also when hooking up to the trailer I use it from the cab of the truck to adjust the trailer up and down to meet the hitch, I also have the wife do this as it is easier to adjust being right beside the bed and hitch.

Brian

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    You can operate the system without the remote. In the front storage above the door in the middle is the controllers for the leveling system. There should be a thin black wire connected at one end and loose on the other , this is the antenna. When the Lippert 3.0 is purchased as an aftermarket item I believe it comes with the remote, I do not know why an RV with this system does not come with the remote. The previous version is not remote capable , I think.
    On your 337 I think the panel is attached to the door so when you open the panel is easy to use. Mine is inside the storage with the nautilus panel on the front wall. I either have to bend over and stick my head in there or kneel down to see and use it. This is why I bought the remote. Also when hooking up to the trailer I use it from the cab of the truck to adjust the trailer up and down to meet the hitch, I also have the wife do this as it is easier to adjust being right beside the bed and hitch.

Brian
    Sorry, yes, I know I can operate without remote as I don’t have one now. My GC 3.0 is inside storage as well. It’s not terrible, but I have a camera run by a battery pack that I use when hooking up. I place the camera on the edge of my folded backflip cover where I glued a metal plate. The camera mount has magnets so I slap it on the plate and use to back in my truck to the kingpin. When I had my Cougar, it came with the remote. So I could back in using the camera and lowering or raising the king pin from the cab. It was pretty slick. But the GD didn’t come with a remote. I’ll have to look for that antenna wire, I don’t think it’s there. eTrailer site says all GC 3.0’s will take remote, but I’m seeing conflicting info. Have emailed Lippert to get an answer.
    Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    BW Companion

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have emailed Lippert to get an answer.
    Please share their response. I would really like to have a remote as the panel for my 310GK is in my LP area and is very hard to see.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course. I should have noted that!
    Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    BW Companion

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, yes, I know I can operate without remote as I don’t have one now. My GC 3.0 is inside storage as well. It’s not terrible, but I have a camera run by a battery pack that I use when hooking up. I place the camera on the edge of my folded backflip cover where I glued a metal plate. The camera mount has magnets so I slap it on the plate and use to back in my truck to the kingpin. When I had my Cougar, it came with the remote. So I could back in using the camera and lowering or raising the king pin from the cab. It was pretty slick. But the GD didn’t come with a remote. I’ll have to look for that antenna wire, I don’t think it’s there. eTrailer site says all GC 3.0’s will take remote, but I’m seeing conflicting info. Have emailed Lippert to get an answer.
    On our 3350RL S-Class (electric Ground Control 3.0) it does have the antenna wire on the controller in the front storage compartment mounted to the overhead. They have the remote at e-Trailer for $234
    On the other hand the touch pad is mounted on the left side forward storage door right at the leading edge of the door, and with the door all the way open and magnet latched to the side of the RV, it is very well placed to use for hitching/unhitching.

Our ground control works fine for auto reconnect. Once we lower the landing gear feet 6 holes, then raise the landing gear just till the companion hitch plate and the pin box plate separate (@1/4 inch). The front of the coach is then always higher than level for the auto reconnect to work as advertised.

Now for tire changing, I would rather use the RVs electric jacks to just get the bad tire off the ground to change it. But I don't know how to manipulate the leveling system to do this. I would just have to experiment with the leveling system.

I hate the thought of screwing around with a bunch of wood blocks (even though I carry them in the RV) to get the bottle jack up high enough to raise the RV by the frame. By the time you get the frame up high enough to allow the suspension/springs to sag enough to get tire off the ground, its huge! Now I did buy one of those jack&stand that other owners use. You have to crawl in and place the jack right under the U-bolts on the axle and raise the tire just high enough to clear the ground. Of course you are not supposed to do it this way.

Haven't had to change a tire yet, but one of these days ..................
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I have seen the part in the instructions that say the nose must be higher than level in order for the auto reconnect to work. The last time, a couple of days ago, I disconnected the trader from the truck and raised it all the way up until it stopped, very very nose high. Then I hit the auto level and let it do its thing. Then when I went to reconnect, 2 days later, it went to the same point it always does, exactly 4" below the 5th wheel hitch in the bed of the truck. I really believe there must be a factory setting for this because I have not been able to get it to go higher then that since day one, and neither have the maintenance shops I've taken it to.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast