User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deano17 View Post
    Sorry it’s been awhile. Called GD, Lippert, eTrailer. Mixed responses but I bought it anyway. It does connect although the auto level button doesn’t seem to work. But it’s okay for me. I just want to use when backing to hook up. Easy to program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The auto level button on the remote needs to be held down for a couple seconds to activate, unlike the single push on the GC panel on the coach. It took me a couple uses to figure this out on mine but has worked every time once I found out. I can hit the auto level on the remote from inside the truck after I have pulled out of the way and the trailer does it's thing while I am unloading and buttoning up the truck. Even a few seconds saved when your thirsty is nice...plus looks cool to the neighbors
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deano17 View Post
    You need to look at the controller (huh?) and if it has a wire coming out, it will work. Then he explained the controller is the mechanism (or brains) that runs the levelers and it’s in the front compartment of the trailer....the compartment that flips up. I was only thinking of the front side storage cause I really never use the other one. It’s mounted on the ceiling in there and mine does have the wire coming out.Attachment 21109
    Man, am I glad I found this thread. I too thought the antenna wire would be coming out of the control panel. Didn't know there was a separate controller. Soon as I read this, I sprinted down to the barn to look in my front compartment. Sure enough, there is a controller up there, but my elation cratered when I didn't see a wire hanging down. Not one to give up too easily, I grabbed a flashlight and, lo and behold, there is an antenna wire, but it was stuffed up between the controller and the front wall, not hanging down. Yay! I can get a remote and quit banging my head and getting a stiff neck every time we unhook or hook up. At my age I don't bend as easily as I used to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Todd. I currently have the same issue. I saw on YouTube that the 5th wheel must be level before pushing 5 times. My question is Do the rear jacks stay up during this process? How far down is a good place o leave the front Jack's. We usually leave about 6 or 7 holes on the front. So afraid of messing it up. Any help is appreciated. Thank you
    Tom

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a tip for those with the 3.0 6-point system that I learned this weekend. The camp site didn't seem to be much out of level, so after dropping the front jacks and unhitching the TV, I push Auto Level. The rear jacks ground themselves and start the leveling process. Before completing (and before the stabilizers come down) I get an error "Auto Level Fail". I retract the rear and try again, only to get the same result (definition of insanity?). After some head scratching and finally getting internet service, I read the Troubleshooting Guide online. It says "...due to uneven ground". So, I retract the rear and put a couple of blocks under each rear pad. Press Auto Level and it worked like a charm! From now on, no matter how "level" the site looks, I will always place 1-2 (or more) blocks under the pads before beginning. Happy trails...
    Bruce & Patti (and Rosie)
    2019 Reflection 367BHS
    2018 RAM 3500 SRW Diesel 4x4
    Dublin, CA

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_OC View Post
    Hi Todd. I currently have the same issue. I saw on YouTube that the 5th wheel must be level before pushing 5 times. My question is Do the rear jacks stay up during this process? How far down is a good place o leave the front Jack's. We usually leave about 6 or 7 holes on the front. So afraid of messing it up. Any help is appreciated. Thank you
    Tom
    Sorry I missed this. I usually drop front jacks to about 4” off the ground. I did the procedure and seems to work fine. I am not even sure I was on level ground when I did it.

Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Silverado 2500 Gas, std Bed, 2 WD
    BW Companion

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_OC View Post
    Tom
    Sorry. I missed part of your post about the rear jacks. It made me think what I actually did. It’s been awhile, but my recollection is that I was on fairly level ground. I then put it in auto level mode and let it do its thing. As usual, it was off, so I adjusted using a level. Once in level position, then I performed the reset function.

Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Silverado 2500 Gas, std Bed, 2 WD
    BW Companion

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigharje View Post
    Here is a tip for those with the 3.0 6-point system that I learned this weekend. The camp site didn't seem to be much out of level, so after dropping the front jacks and unhitching the TV, I push Auto Level. The rear jacks ground themselves and start the leveling process. Before completing (and before the stabilizers come down) I get an error "Auto Level Fail". I retract the rear and try again, only to get the same result (definition of insanity?). After some head scratching and finally getting internet service, I read the Troubleshooting Guide online. It says "...due to uneven ground". So, I retract the rear and put a couple of blocks under each rear pad. Press Auto Level and it worked like a charm! From now on, no matter how "level" the site looks, I will always place 1-2 (or more) blocks under the pads before beginning. Happy trails...
    It doesn't hurt to have some blocking under ALL the legs, in fact, it helps. The shorter the leg stroke is, the more stable the trailer will be.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have looked and I have not seen anyone do this. I confirmed that Lippert does make extensions for the rear jacks of my 5th wheel and finally after several months, I purchased two. They both work fine. I hope that I will prevent anymore rear jack extension errors and no extra blocks to screw with.

Part number 405217
    Last edited by Butcher; 12-03-2022 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    I have looked and I have not seen anyone do this. I confirmed that Lippert does make extensions for the rear jacks of my 5th wheel and finally after several months, I purchased two. They both work fine. I hope that I will not have anymore rear jack extension errors and no extra blocks to screw with.

I like this thought. How much does it extend it?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Says 9". I suspect I would not use that full amount. I can say, fully retracted, it did not add to the length and still is within GD height specs.

According to Lippert, it is used for their trailer jacks. If you go through their Online Training program, it does indicate you can use them for their 5th wheel jacks. I even emailed them to confirm this. 9 months later, I just got around to confirm that it does fit and it's a plug and play kind of modification.

https://store.lci1.com/foot-pad-for-...cks-9in-405217

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast